Oil filter bracket w/o oil cooler on '84 2F conversion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
hotmilkforbreakfast.wordpress.com
So I got the wild hair to mount an oil filter bracket w/o oil cooler on the '84 2F I'm putting into my '69 FJ40 project.

Looking through a couple aftermarket catalogues (SOR and marksoffroad) I'm seeing compatibility dates all over the place.

What years of oil filter bracket w/o oil cooler will bolt onto my '84 2F, and why? What makes the senders not correspond to those date ranges?

Inquiring minds want to know....

the earlier brackets don't have a port for a oil pressure sender, it will still function fine on a 2F though. I did that accidentally on my project.

It’s been 7 yrs but I got a good used one from Georg at Valley Hybrids. No cooler ports but has the sender port.

Hard to get pics of it. You'll want to use the pressure sender that matches your gauge. I Tee-off for a mechanical gauge there too.
'76ish block with an unknown year bracket

20220719_172331.jpg

20220719_172435.jpg

Seems like there are a lot of oil cooler deletes. Just wondering why? I have an 83 2f that I’m going to put in my 70 that has it.

They rust out and leak, and I believe are perceived to not provide enogh cooling benefit to merit keeping.

Seems like there are a lot of oil cooler deletes. Just wondering why? I have an 83 2f that I’m going to put in my 70 that has it.
They are unnecessary complexity, they take up space and the 2F does fine without it.

I can see a reason to have one if you are towing a lot. Otherwise, my 75 FJ55 runs all day long without one in all conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom