Oil filler cap left off - should I worry?

Discussion in '80-Series Tech' started by MoJ, Dec 19, 2003.

1. MoJ

MoJ Moderator

Had the oil changed this afternoon. I've always had it done at Wal-Mart (yeah I know, I know, but over several years have never had a problem). I always pick out my oil (castrol), give them a Toyota filter to put on and then watch. Tonight I didn't watch them very carefully. When I started it up it idled a little rough but no big deal. On my way home I noticed the oil pressure was slightly higher than usual. Stopped to fill up with gas and thought I would check the oil just to make sure it was ok. When I opened the hood the first thing that jumped out at me was a big hole in the top where the filler cap should be!! They forgot to put the cap back on. :mad: Looking around I found it sitting on the battery!!! It doesn't look like any spilled out and the level was ok. I had only driven about 5 miles and the rest of the drive home went ok. Needless to say, I'm going to be "speaking" with the manager in the morning. Should I worry about any ill effects?

2. landtoy80

landtoy80

If you had a 1fz you the motor wouldn't of started.
    At least mine would start without it. Didn't keep cranking though.

3. Beowulf

Beowulf

MoJ,
    No problem.
    -B-

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.