Oil feed 1HZ for turbo (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

only cause that is where i WANTed to take the oil from...no reason other than that...

it sounds like you WANT to take the oil feed from the pressure switch... so do it and post up a thread. i can not think of a reason not to... but then i am not really thinking that deep today...

only cause that is where i WANTed to take the oil from...no reason other than that...

it sounds like you WANT to take the oil feed from the pressure switch... so do it and post up a thread. i can not think of a reason not to... but then i am not really thinking that deep today...

Thanks. I don't WANT to. Just thinking about options while I'm still gathering parts. Might take a few more weeks to get them and then I'll start as soon as weather is resonable.

Are you sure this is a job for you?

Because I'm asking questions?

I just like to think in advance. Not run into things like a blind bull.
Maybe that's why I, owning my rig for more than 12 years now, had never a breakdown despite doing ALL the maintenance myself.
Think I've enough experience to undertake this.
On off-road trips I'm called the 'AA-roadpatrol man' and that's not because I NEED help....

And you still didn't answer my question on your remark as not to use the pressureswitch location....or are there no arguments?

Last edited:
off topic
how do you like your parabolic springs?
Wayne,
Very happy with them. And the backup of the manufacturer is great.
To explain this the following story:
Bought a set (front and rear) beginning 2006, preparing my rig for the trip to Kazakhstan.
Intention was to have a softer ride rather than lifting. Didn't need more loading capacity.
I explained my intentions and according the manufacturer (Paul Heystee - who has his business about 20k away from where I live) I could discard one of the leaves of each of the rear springsets because the springsets are modulair, achieve a softer ride and still have the same loading capacity as the total set had some overcapacity . This way the lift would be even milder. Exactly what I wanted.

During the Kasakhstan trip two rigs had severe damage to the springs. A HZJ73 like mine, equipped with Dobinsons a year before, not loaded as heavily as mine -only one small guy- broke both rear springs (left and right) almost completely, a day apart.
The other one, a Nissan Parol broke one of the front springs.

Returning from that trip, to my opinion, the rig was sagging a bit at the rear.
Went to Paul H and he agreed. Told me that he had misjudged the conditions and provided me with a full new set (front and rear) because to his opinion the front was sagging a bit as well.
This was a temporarely set.
Why..firstly I was going on a trip into the Sahara (Morocco) a week later and he didn't want me to go there with the sagging springs and secondly, due to my experience he was not satisfied with the design and he was going to redesign the springs. As soon as the newly designed springs got available I got another new set (front and rear) for free. That set is on for about two years now. No sagging. Soft ride.
A buddy once said the ride was similar to coilsprings. I have to disagree, it's still leafsprings but tending toward coils I would say.

Last edited:
nice, thanks for the report.

there was a bloke in Calgary that installed a set of parabolics on his 60 series. road soft but cornered like it was about to roll everytime. that turned me off them completely...

cost?

nice, thanks for the report.

there was a bloke in Calgary that installed a set of parabolics on his 60 series. road soft but cornered like it was about to roll everytime. that turned me off them completely...

cost?

No complaints about stability here :)

There is a write-up HERE on Mud about a FJ62

Costs? Depends... HERE you'll find some more info. The pricelist shows retail-prices. As a business you will get a reduction I assume.

.....had never a breakdown despite doing ALL the maintenance myself.
On off-road trips I'm called the 'AA-roadpatrol man' and that's not because I NEED help....

hook, line and .......

That green sender will give you a breakdown all right!

Remember when you had a 1HZ with an alloy head?

Good luck with that

Last edited:
.....had never a breakdown despite doing ALL the maintenance myself.

hook, line and .......

That green sender will give you a breakdown all right!

Remember when you had a 1HZ with an alloy head?

Good luck with that

So far I have not seen any valuable contribution to this thread from your side.:flipoff2:
There is a saying over here: "People taking part, sooner or later will make a mistake. Some people never make a mistake"

And you never make a mistake? Think I'm starting to understand.......

Keep on trolling:D

Last edited:
So far I have not seen any valuable contribution to this thread from your side.

Ive been trying to help you here - and Im getting bord with it.

Dont use that green sender for your turbo instalation.
That green sender in the oil cooler cover is the coolant temp sensor for your glow controller

Remember when you thought turning an engine over by hand would damage the timing belt?

Last edited:
Ive been trying to help you here - and Im getting bord with it.
By just saying: 'Don't do?' Is it that difficult to give some explanation?
Just making a remark without backing it up doesn't make a lot of sense.

Dont use that green sender for your turbo instalation.
That green sender in the oil cooler cover is the coolant temp sensor for your glow controller
Okay, that makes sense. And why didn't you say so before?
According to what I found in the engine manual this is the the oil-warning light switch. I admit the drawing is not very clear so to avoid any surprises during install I was asking this question.

Remember when you thought turning an engine over by hand would damage the timing belt?

Yes, and I still stand to that statement.
You still cannot read.... What I was saying is that turning the engine by using the bolt that holds the CAMshaftpulley could damage the timing belt. Because then you are turning the engine via the timing belt.
The timing belt really was not designed to do that.
The forces involved in driving the camshaft from the crankshaft differ substantially from driving the crankshaft from the camshaft. Even by hand.

If you think you can do so....be my guest, but not on my engine.

If you want to turn the engine by hand....use the CRANKshaft-bolt.
See the difference? CAMshaft -CRANKshaft?

Last edited:
You still cannot read....
quote]

Well...I reread the post in the timing belt thread and I could not find anywhere a suggestion to turn the engine over by the camshaft.:meh:
But I tell you what, the next timing belt I do - prolly in a week or so - Ill give it a try!
Im tipping that the belt will just jump around anyway with all the slack before the pump - unless I turn it backwards:hmm:

Good luck with your alloy head on your 1HZzzz:cheers:

You still cannot read....
quote]

Well...I reread the post in the timing belt thread and I could not find anywhere a suggestion to turn the engine over by the camshaft.:meh:
But I tell you what, the next timing belt I do - prolly in a week or so - Ill give it a try!
Im tipping that the belt will just jump around anyway with all the slack before the pump - unless I turn it backwards:hmm:

Good luck with your alloy head on your 1HZzzz:cheers:

So you are showing it yourself....you cannot read....and you don't even know the meaning of words:

You, in the way you use the english language, may think so but ALLOY doesn't necessarely mean it's aluminium....alloy means it's composed of more than one kind of metal.
So I am right in saying that the head of my engine is an alloy.
See HERE if you think you know better. Hope you're not a full time mechanic? This is basic knowledge. Glad I'm not hiring you. My collegues would have a good laugh about it.. hiring a 'mechanic'

My mistake was - and I have no problem in admitting I can make a mistake - that during the thread I mistakenly started to use the word aluminium (or aluminum I think it's in 'american English')

As far as the timing belt thread goes:
All I did was warning against turning the engine by using the camshaft. This because I've seen people intenting to do so.
I even wouldn't use the injectorpump-pulley, but just go for the crankshaftpulley.......
And nowhere did I say it is bad to turn the engine by hand sec.

Well if you have fun making your insinuations and in trolling the way you are doing it...go on.
But this is the last response you will get because I know you will never want to understand.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom