Oil delivery union on valve lifters...screw and washer?? pics (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm putting my head back on and installing the valve lifters, etc... My question is, what is the purpose of the small screw on top of the joint that holds the two sections of the valve lifter shaft together, and where the oil delivery pipe attaches? It doesn't appear to screw into or against anything. Does it simply provide a bump stop for the two sections of the shaft? If so, what would be the reason to unscrew the screw? To gain a little play when installing the mechanism?

Also, as I was attaching the oil delivery pipe, I noticed a small washer type thing on it which I hadn't noticed before. I thought it must plug into the hole that the pipe comes through and when trying to pop it in there it slid further down the oil pipe and to the other side of the hole. Problem?

thanks folks!

...One word of advice...I had apparently spun the various parts on the shaft and screwed up the orientation of them in regards to the shaft. The anchoring posts for the shaft actually have a port inside the bore and the shaft in certain orientations will stick out of that hole and prevent the lifter mechanism from sliding fully down onto the retaining posts. Probably not a good explanation but if you are trying to get the thing back on and it's not sliding all the way into position chances are you need to rotate the parts a bit. If you look in the hole with a flashlight you can see what's happening. HOpe that makes a little sense....

screw3.JPG

screw7.JPG

washer.jpg

hole.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom