Oil cover seal O ring pinch? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
93C488B9-6AA9-402D-B7B9-84A74BA2D298.jpeg
Has anyone pinch the o ring on the oil cover when installing? After a marathon of replacing all the coolant and vacuum hoses, front main seal and even new injectors. I started the motor and was greeted with oil hemorging out of the top of the cover. The good news is that my check engine light is off! Bad news is now I get to re fix this apparently.

Bolts were torqued to spec, anyone else ever deal with this or am I the first rookie to do this?

At least one person has done it. It’s why I include a small packet of grease to hold the o-ring in place to try and prevent this.

I have 54 in stock if you need me to send you one 😜

Oil Pump Cover o-ring (15188-66020)

^^^^ 👍

This is your answer. Always use 'something' ((grease, assembly lube, other) that is a compatible petroleum product to hold the seal in place when reinstalling the Oil Pump and even then....be careful to not dislodge. it.

Oil Pump Cover04.jpg
Oil Pump Cover03.jpg
Oil Pump Cover02.jpg

Alright! Awesome feedback.

I will take it apart tonight or tomorrow and will report back if that’s what happened and I’ll add a photo for the next person.

Lesson learned!

Thank you!!

I sure did it. It was frustrating, but man, the second time around I finished the job in half the time.

Get after it and definitely use some sort of gasket goo.

what are those 2 hoses you have zip tied to your throttle cable? @trevor philipps

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom