oil cooler leaking antifreeze into motor oil? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey, I hope I'm posting in the right place. My 60series just had the motor refreshed and after driving it 800miles I noticed that the oil was fouled with antifreeze. hoping that it is not the head gasket or something more serious I was wondering if it could be the oil cooler? would temporarily connecting the oil-cooler hoses circled in green make it driveable and let me know if the oil cooler is the problem after changing the oil? I saw on here that the oil cooler is not totally necessary. I am pretty much a novice with mechanics so I hope this is not a dumb question. Thanks in advance

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1903.jpg

It could be leaking. There is a way to check if it’s holding pressure but I can’t quite recall. @FJACS explained it to me.

Yes, they can rust out internally ... If you choose to replace, those Oil Coolers are available new, but spendy... A radiator shop should be able to tell you if that thing is leaking by pressuring under water.

You could get a Cooling system pressure tester (or rent from Autozone) and pressurize the system to 13 psi (cold) and see if it holds pressure overnight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom