Oil Cooler leak (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Here’s a pic of the oil cooler leak (bottom right side).

I saw pink oil in the coolant reservoir container. The radiator cap was clean (free from sludge).

The cooler is a discontinued part. Hopefully it’s just a matter of replacing the hose.

A9436EB3-97E6-4DB7-97FF-B137CE8FFEBD.jpeg

8B60680D-85D1-4C44-B952-5F647CC7BDAA.png

Is this thread a continuation of something that came up in another thread, or are you asking a question?

FWIW that's a transmission fluid (oil) cooler. You may already know that, but it wasn't clear.

Also, it's not related to oil that may be in your coolant reservoir, as coolant doesn't run through that cooler. However, the transmission fluid does run through a heat exchanger in your radiator.

How long have you had the truck? Is the pink oil in the reservoir a new thing, or may it have been there a long time? I ask because Toyota coolant is red. If it really is oil, you should find out where it's coming from, and it ain't the cooler in your pics.

Is this thread a continuation of something that came up in another thread, or are you asking a question?

FWIW that's a transmission fluid (oil) cooler. You may already know that, but it wasn't clear.

Also, it's not related to oil that may be in your coolant reservoir, as coolant doesn't run through that cooler. However, the transmission fluid does run through a heat exchanger in your radiator.

How long have you had the truck? Is the pink oil in the reservoir a new thing, or may it have been there a long time? I ask because Toyota coolant is red. If it really is oil, you should find out where it's coming from, and it ain't the cooler in your pics.

New question. I be had the truck for almost 2 years and i am using the green coolant. I noticed the oil in the reservoir after I pulled it out. I’m in the process of replacing the radiator, oil cover gasket, valve cover gasket, spark plugs and spark plug wires

New question. I be had the truck for almost 2 years and i am using the green coolant. I noticed the oil in the reservoir after I pulled it out. I’m in the process of replacing the radiator, oil cover gasket, valve cover gasket, spark plugs and spark plug wires
Ok, I don't see a question. Hopefully it got answered.

Clean the area thoroughly, inspect the hose for cracks or pin holes. Drive it for awhile and check for leaks in that area, you'll have your answer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom