Wanted Oil Cooler Hose (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for this hose that runs from the water pump to the oil cooler on '76 to '80 FJ40 with oil cooler. It's part 15777 in the diagram.

img_0062-jpg.1343376

early-oil-cooler-png.1296561

IMG_2162.JPG

I might have a used hose, if you can't find a new one, will off the shelf heater hose work? Are you stranded on the trail and need a part, or looking foe a 30 year old hose? John

This is the later design as seen in the FJ60, with a metal pipe follow by a straight hose. However, the anchor points for the metal pipe doesn't match up to the '76-'80 cars.

cooler-jpg.1066362

This is the later design as seen in the FJ60, with a metal pipe follow by a straight hose. However, the anchor points for the metal pipe doesn't match up to the '76-'80 cars.

cooler-jpg.1066362
This is my setup on my 81 fj40. You just shipped me a cooler yesterday.

@Racer65 did you ever replicate that lower 76-80 oil cooler pipe? I need one...

Can you make the heat protector sleeve for this hose also? I'm having a hard time finding that sleeve material

It's good that @DSB45 bumped the thread, as I'm reminded to provide an update. The hose is now available, either individually or as a kit.

As DSB345 alluded to, there's an insulation that surrounds the top portion of the hose, which can be seen in the photo in the first post. I'm unsure of the exact material, but I would just order a "rubber sheet" from Amazon and wrap it around the hose.

I'm going to go to Cat and see if they have something that will work first. I have also come across a couple of cross over hoses with the sleeve that might work or give us an idea of the material.

Such as this

Redirect Notice

It's good that @DSB45 bumped the thread, as I'm reminded to provide an update. The hose is now available, either individually or as a kit.

As DSB345 alluded to, there's an insulation that surrounds the top portion of the hose, which can be seen in the photo in the first post. I'm unsure of the exact material, but I would just order a "rubber sheet" from Amazon and wrap it around the hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom