oil change hj47 with w/2H (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.sgu.life
Is this toilet paper? What is the purpose of this huge filter doohickey? I've got a centrifugal filter above the twist on filter plus this thing on the passenger side. Looks like its clogged in the bottom.

Can I really put a roll of tp in this thing and call it good?

Doing i.t right now if anyone has any experience, is love to hear it

can't do pics unless I go to the computer

awesome, mine says MIL MAK from western oz. Canuk your a lifesaver, off to get some frantz filters and another oil filter wrench, these oil filters are huge (thats what she said) and mine doesn't fit.

thanks,

do i need anything special for the centrifugal filter too?

had to come inside to do some more research, so heres a quick posting of pics
IMAG0502.jpg
IMAG0503.jpg
IMAG0504.jpg

my hj47 2h has an oil spinner on top of the cartrige type oil filter which is on the intake side of the motor, its purpose is to spin the oil at such a high speed that it seperates the impurities such as carbon out of the oil.
step 1*remove the edic connector rod
* undo the clamp around the base and lift the cover
* undo the small nut ontop of the barrel (the barrel should be able to turn freely)
*take barrel off and pull apart....it should have a whole lot of black stuff inside (clean that out), keep in mind not to loose the spring and plate inside
*put back together ( the nuts should only be a bit more than finger tight)
*replace 'o' ring on the housing attached to the motor
*and re install into the car

heres a pic i borrowed from local mudder 'Bigbrowndog' from another thread, hope this helps
RED47
bigbrowndogpic.jpg

The starter motor is too close to the clamp at the base and won't let me have enough room to pull the cap, I'll give it another go tonight. Garage is a mess now, so much oil.

Went to Napa cause they said they had the replacement paper filters for the the by pass filter - does not fit part number 1100 not a good replacement. I got one in until I get the Frantz filters.

The clamp around the base of my centrifuge is loose and not getting a good clamp (had to throw a spacer in the mechanism to get pressure) Did I loose a piece somewhere?

about 289,000 km. Saw that the oil hasn't been changed since it was brought here 5 years ago (had some New Zealand brand oil filter.

What and where do I take something to be analyzed?

about 289,000 km. Saw that the oil hasn't been changed since it was brought here 5 years ago (had some New Zealand brand oil filter.

What and where do I take something to be analyzed?

I wonder how many kms have been put on since it arrived? You might also adjust the valves. Likely it hasn't been done for a long time too.

Repair shops and parts shops that cater to heavy equipment, tractor trailer and marine diesel industry usually offer the oil analysis service. They usually ship it out to a lab. Perhaps someone in your area can suggest a business near you. I know that here Caterpillar dealers and Western Star dealers both offer it.

Hmmm you think I should add filtering to my stock setup to something like posted? 362km on factory setup... I change it every 1500-1900km rotel

Hope that's not a hijack, but feel that proper filtering is important, is that also for rougher climates?

The starter motor is too close to the clamp at the base and won't let me have enough room to pull the cap, I'll give it another go tonight. Garage is a mess now, so much oil.

Went to Napa cause they said they had the replacement paper filters for the the by pass filter - does not fit part number 1100 not a good replacement. I got one in until I get the Frantz filters.

The clamp around the base of my centrifuge is loose and not getting a good clamp (had to throw a spacer in the mechanism to get pressure) Did I loose a piece somewhere?

no dukface i dont think you lost anything, the clamps do stretch and become loose, just bend the hook around a little bit with a pair of pliers to give it some more pressure

LOLO, That is why Toyota deleted them from the Landcruiser. A Toyota Tech told me a while back that they were unpopular with people who did their own servicing because of the mess and people did not like to pay the extra service cost to clean them. They are very good gear and were fitted to Dyna Trucks also but are scarce as to buy second hand . I understand parts are still available for them.:cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom