Oil by crankshaft pulley (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No... been too busy, I know - not an excuse lol. Here's what I have left:

To start the truck and see if it turns over:
Drain fuel tank (full tank)
Add 5 gallons of 91 Octane
Install fuel pump
Replace/Flush antifreeze
Install new battery
Install thermostat
Install radiator hoses
Install fuel rings
Install positive battery clamp
Install fusible link
Install junction battery block
Install negative battery clamp

Next on list:
Replace/flush trans fluid
Replace transmission fluid filter
Replace/flush brake fluid
Replace/ flush power steering fluid
Replace Tires
Replace Brake pads
Resurface or replace disc's
Replace shocks
Replace springs
Replace steering stabilizer shock
Replace full exhaust system
Fix or new Paint job

Last edited:
My truck looks exact like yours, I have a huge leak up front from it sitting for 7 years on my end. Just did the phh
I started with one fix and that started a rabbit hole lololol. I haven't even started on the suspension yet...

I'm about $300 into it. I got lucky the truck came with lots of new parts that were never installed.

Update. Old parts taken out

20210706_213923.jpg

New parts installed. What's left to try and turn it over:

Drain fuel tank (full tank)
Install fuel pump
Add antifreeze
Buy battery
Install thermostat (tomorrow)
Install radiator hoses (tomorrow)
Install fuel rings

20210706_213519.jpg

Last edited:
Question:
we just drained the gas tank. There was a little bit of something at the bottom of the lowes buckets we drained the gas into. It had a total of 15 gallons of gas in it. There wasn't a ton a dirt or whatever it was, but there was some.

What do you all think? Drop the tank and inspect and clean it, or leave it?

I would say there was about a quarter size of what looked maybe like rust or old stuff (flakes), but there wasn't a whole bunch.

Here's what it looks like, and there was what looked like yellow flakes. The old fuel sock was clean with nothing on it.

20210707_102944.jpg

Last edited:
I think that tank looks great! There's no rust on the fuel pump frame and no dirt or rust in the tank! I'd leave it in place and run it.

Put in fresh 91 octane non-ethanol if you can possibly find it there. Only because higher octane will work better for a first start again.

It's good it's that clean in the tank because that means the fuel rail is clean also!

Looks like the original alarm light for the RS3000 alarm.

Does it have a little "speaker grille" looking area next to it?

If it has an alarm in it, I would rip it out by the roots, particularly if it is the RS3000. They are known to go wonky at very inappropriate times.

Usually the control box is under the driver's seat and it's a plug n play setup.

Unplug the harnesses and plug that factory harness back together until you run out of harnesses.

WOOT WOOT! It's started right up. Thanks everyone so much!!! This thing runs really smooth and quiet.

It's idle is low, maybe adjust the throttle cable?

20210708_101741.jpg

20210708_101734.jpg

20210708_101623.jpg

It seems to be at 400 to 600 now, maybe it took a bit to idle steady? Here's a picture of the stuff we replaced thanks to all of your help!

Now onto brakes and tires and suspension amd such...

20210708_111405.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom