Oil analysis results. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pskhaat

Tourer
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
alamosa.mobi
For my new 1999 I sent in my oil during the first change over to M1 5-30. Here is the response from Blackstone:

SCOTT: Looks like this engine was treated to white glove care over its 77,404 mile life. As you can see from universal average wear, all these Toyota 4.7Ls look like that too. These engines are wonderfully wearing types and yours is not the exception. Universal averages show typical wear metals for an oil from this type of engine after about 5,795 miles run on the oil. So the answer to your question is, sure you can run the oil longer. Try 5,500 miles for the next sample and we will be able to tell you how you are doing. You may be able to run longer than that.

So good news it appears. They only thing that is listed high is Boron which is has units of 145 where the expected average is 65. What does a high Boron count mean? %fuel was <.05 and 0 antifreeze and 0.0% water.

Overall, decent news.

We want numbers!!!

Post it on bobistheoilguy.com too. You'll get some good analysis there. Yeah boron is high for sure. On my 12,200mile interval I came in at 103 and elltee had 88 on an 8800 mile run.

Imaged page follows. Quaker State is the oil type that was in the vehicle at the time of change. I don't plan to run Quaker State oil (M1 5-30), so running to 5500 is meaningless except that with this engine it'd conceivably be okay.

Boron is supposed to be a wear additive? I'll go search...

2UZFE-77k.gif

Yeah the boron has me stumped too. You haven't run any injector cleaner or fuel additive possibly? Either way it isn't a wear metal in this engine so I'd just watch it after you switch to a syn and see if it goes away. All the other numbers look good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom