Oil analysis results.

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by Pskhaat, Nov 7, 2005.

1. Pskhaat

Pskhaat

For my new 1999 I sent in my oil during the first change over to M1 5-30. Here is the response from Blackstone:

So good news it appears. They only thing that is listed high is Boron which is has units of 145 where the expected average is 65. What does a high Boron count mean? %fuel was <.05 and 0 antifreeze and 0.0% water.

Overall, decent news.

2. tabraha

tabraha Hello My Name is: TAD SILVER Star

We want numbers!!!

Post it on bobistheoilguy.com too. You'll get some good analysis there. Yeah boron is high for sure. On my 12,200mile interval I came in at 103 and elltee had 88 on an 8800 mile run.

3. Pskhaat

Pskhaat

Imaged page follows. Quaker State is the oil type that was in the vehicle at the time of change. I don't plan to run Quaker State oil (M1 5-30), so running to 5500 is meaningless except that with this engine it'd conceivably be okay.

Boron is supposed to be a wear additive? I'll go search...

[​IMG]

4. tabraha

tabraha Hello My Name is: TAD SILVER Star

Yeah the boron has me stumped too. You haven't run any injector cleaner or fuel additive possibly? Either way it isn't a wear metal in this engine so I'd just watch it after you switch to a syn and see if it goes away. All the other numbers look good.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.