Oh the PHH (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
SUCKS!!!!! I almost lost my mind doing this bit of PM!!!! Used the Silicone hose with constant-torque clamps so at least it looked pretty when it was finally done.

Just a tip to those who have not done it, put the hose on the block nipple first, and use a BFH and long pipe to tap the hose into place...use lots of soapy water or silicone spray:)

I did the full flush...well almost, I couldn't get the freaking block drain plug out, not even with an air rachet! I'm guessing someone didn't use anti-sieze compound on it the last go round. :mad:

The block drain plug is brass. If you used an air tool on it then it is probably rounded off.

-B-

If it's not trashed, get some PB Blaster on it a couple times a day. Then spray it off with brake cleaner just before you slap a 6 point socket on it and a breaker bar.

DougM

An air ratchet is about the worst tool possible for removal of stubborn bolts...

It applies uneven and unpredictable torque at low RPM's and is likely to twist off heads...

I hope you were using an impact and just mistyped...

There really is not much torque in an air ratchet. Use a impact gun with a six point socket.

If you indeed have found the plug, and it is the stock factory plug, then it is made of brass (as already mentioned) and with a standard 1/2 drive socket wrench you should be able to generate enough torque to either remove it, or shear it in half.

Hopefully nobody has done you the favor of replacing the brass plug with an incorrect straight threaded steel bolt that is now wedged.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom