OH the horror...Episode: 3 Return of Fed Ex (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

FJBen

SILVER Star
Threads
So in great anticipation of today; the day I will be getting my new(rebuilt) Marks Offroad carb, I was giddy...yes GIDDY...

Just as a child waits on Christmas eve...

I was all settled down at my desk for the day,
my feet a tapping, ear to ear grin no dismay
Me in my business attire, Doc Martins on my feet,
whilst visions of 2f's purred smoothly and discreet

No more stinky smells or lack of bling
this carb is shiny and how it will sing
the clacking down the hall, oh wait what is that
the mailcall ladys orthopedic shoe tap

Now surfing on MUD and sipping my dew
the maillady bellows "hey a package for you"
I spring from my chair my eyes wide as dishes
tear open the box to fulfill my wishes

Now what comes next surely will be,
the end to my day, a horrible tragedy
so shiny and clean, ready to run
when wait, WTF HAS FEDEX DONE???

sorry for my bad poem...something needed to entertain me, I assume I can just re-use my old piece for this? I will call Mark this afternoon to see if I should worry about any other parts on it.
Rant off...thanks for letting me vent! :D

carb1.jpg

carb2.jpg

actually, the poem was pretty good

:frown: sucks about the carb.

FILE THAT CLAIM!!

we do at least three fed ex claims a week :mad:

I am starting to stray from Fed-Ex myself... I had a package to an IH8mudder get lost (in the process of filing a claim/looking for the package).

Wow, at least they got you the rest of the carb :D

That sucks Ben.

Insurance will only cover the sender not the guy on the recieving end. Been there...call Mark and ask if it was damaged going to him or coming back. You can file the claim if it was damaged being shipped to Mark. He has to file the claim if it was damaged being sent to you. You both need to be involved but the sender has most of the paperwork to file.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=364347

I work for Fedex. We had a double trailer burn up on the highway somehere the other day. Not sure where..just saw it this morning posted on BB in office. Hope it wasnt on that truck.

Knock on wood I have never had anything I shipped damaged, course, when I pack something, I pretend it is going for a trail ride with Woody.........and "C" is driving...trying to follow Nolen
Butch

looks like the damage is limited to the housing. If the diaphram is OK I have a '77 parts carb that I can pull the secondary off and send to you. If you don't already have one.

Texican said:
Knock on wood I have never had anything I shipped damaged, course, when I pack something, I pretend it is going for a trail ride with Woody.........and "C" is driving...trying to follow Nolen
Butch
You remember the PS box I sent ya???

:D

Robert: Thanks for the offer, Mark is looking for another one. I'll just pull the other one of off my carb thats on it for now to see if that works.

Here is another cool pic....check out that screw!

bentscrew.jpg

Damn! That took a hit hard to do the screw like that.

Be extra careful to follow their procedure to the letter. They may try to nickel and dime you IF they grant a claim at all. They suck about damages - much worse than UPS.

That really sucks.

It had to have been hit hard. I would be so pissed :mad: I would charge them the price of the re-built plus core so like 250 bucks.....But than again I can be an ass at times.....ok, alot of the times. What B.S. Can only image your dissapointment. I always feel like that when I get cruiser parts no matter what they are and usually end up going out right away and putting them on. Good luck with the claim and like I said I would make them pay. :flipoff2: :flamingo:

Mace said:
You remember the PS box I sent ya???

:D

It looked as if it was drug behind the truck from Vegas, luckily it's kinda hard to f' up a Saginaw.... :D
Butch

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom