oficially and idiot, no cluster warning lights

Visit site
ok I am officially an idiot. one of my batteries was looking a little worn, so... i decided to swap the two because i want my winch to draw off the better one. well i took the one from the left and put it on the right side. about two seconds after i set the terminal i noticed the red wire from the other side started smoking.

so now my dome light, cd player and factory clock arent working, and checked fuses and the "DOME" fuse was blown. replaced the fuse and problem corrected. I also noticed that the warning lights and glow plug lights on the guage cluster are not coming on when the key is turned to the on position but with engine off. (they usually light up) i havent seen any other fuses that are blown or reference these lights. does anyone have any advice????

the rig is a 1990 HDJ81V 1hd-t,

Visit site
your problem might just be a fuseable link (it happened to me on my bj60 when i switched to a manual glow switch) the wire just burns out before u fry your harness or do harm to a electrical component

when your batteries go one or both replace them both with new ones other wise the dead one or more drained one will draw off the new fresh one causing them to wear out faster.

good luck with the electrical gremlins

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom