Official US Wheels 16x8 +25 5x150 Steel Wheel Group Buy Thread (EDIT: 16" not 17") (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Looks interesting. you've taken on a big task fielding the flow of questions. If don't they don't yet have a wheel with 110.3 bore, are you or someone going to be able to test fit one ahead of the group buy to ensure these clear the front hub cleanly? Also the weight rating shows 2,000lbs for similar sizes but wanted to confirm for this specific fitment.

Seems like a great deal (guessing about $50 per wheel savings); I am interested.

i'm happy to hel pif i can do something to contribute to the community. I did confirm the bore spacing is 110mm. i'm wondering if it's really 110.3. I will ask him to send me a wheel to test fit, and or if a 1mm modification can be made to the bore. I asked the weight rating last week and i'm waiting to hear back.

Is there any information on delivery costs?
Put me down for 5 matte black 17"

If we're still in wish mode I'd like to see +35 offset

I have a 200. I'm not an expert, but most of the 34" plus guidance seems to be between 35 and 25 mm on the 200. I figure at 35 mm it'll be good for 34" and if I ever body chop I can add a 10 mm spacer and roll the 35" tires.
I also don't like tire projection out of the wheel wells, but that is a secondary issue.
At 25mm it's probably just fine and certainly way better than any other options I've seen. I'm in for 5 either way. Debating if I want a 6th too.

Only 17" will clear the 200 calipers.

Ok sounds good. I am still waiting to hear back about the weight capacity as I know 200s can be quite heavy. I will keep you up to speed.

I stole this from a post from @TeCKis300 in the 200 forum. I don't know if these offset calculations are specific to the 200, or apply to the 100 and 200.
Approximate ideal offsets, tire diameter vs offset:
31.5" = ~60mm (stock)
32.7" = ~50mm (rock warrior with 285/65r17)
33.5" = ~42mm (projected)
34.5" = ~32mm (projected)

It looks to me that 35" would be around 27mm.
And 37" around 7 mm.

Assuming linearity and all that.

You can play around with this offset calculator. It also illustrates wheel position relative to suspension.

For tires
295/70-17 tire is a similar profile to 275/70-18.

Stock offset is 60mm.

25mm offset is pretty optimal for both platforms.

Played with the above linked calculator. 35mm still looks better for 285/75r17 and especially 315/70r17. Like I said before 25mm is still fine it’s better than any other options on steel 17” wheels, and scrub will likely be happier on 35” at 25mm than 35mm. I’m on the path to 35” but may not get there for a bit. The difference is that 35mm best fits 34” tires, and the lugs are long enough for simple 1/4” or 8mm plate spacers when 35” comes to town. So 35mm fits my now and my later. Everyone has a different use case and 25mm could be the best general solution.

Played with the above linked calculator. 35mm still looks better for 285/75r17 and especially 315/70r17. Like I said before 25mm is still fine it’s better than any other options on steel 17” wheels, and scrub will likely be happier on 35” at 25mm than 35mm. I’m on the path to 35” but may not get there for a bit. The difference is that 35mm best fits 34” tires, and the lugs are long enough for simple 1/4” or 8mm plate spacers when 35” comes to town. So 35mm fits my now and my later. Everyone has a different use case and 25mm could be the best general solution.
Id ideally like to see everyone chime in. I mean you can space out 35mm with 10 mm spacers. Up to everyone.

I went to look at the spacers i saved long ago in a link. They don’t have the hub lip, which is a significant fitment problem as they will also likely prevent the lugs from self centering. I think I’d vote for 25mm and deal with wider track than 35mm and have scrub issues at the larger size tire.

Obviously being able to buy both sizes is the best solution, but I don’t think our demand is quite there yet. Nor do I want to have to dispose of even more rims someday.

Carry on!

Last edited:
Im leaning towards 5 matte black with 25 offset if this all comes together. Would like to know a confirmed test fit clears the front hub and fits hub-centric. Did we get a weight rating yet?

Thanks

i will email him now about
  1. shipping cost
  2. test fitting one wheel
  3. weight rating.
  4. how to get them paid

Last edited:
I am hoping this goes through. Just found a tire candidate in 35x10.5r17.

Any news from the vendor @BigSh00ts ? If they're in Seattle I can help with the test fit.

just so you guys know. i've been following up. if i don't have an answer by this week's end i'll call and speak to their management.

Any news…?

Vendors can be so frustrating. Just take our money already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom