Official For Sale/Trade/WTB/Free Thread (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Is there a lower cost alternative rubber cushion to use for the rear tire carrier for a 77 and up FJ40?
I am having a hard time justifying paying 60-70 dollars for a rubber cushion.

View attachment 2266718
If it lasts 30+ years like the original, how much is that worth? Based on a 30 yr life span at $60, that's .006 cents a day, or $2.33 a year.

You could try a universal Energy suspension bump stop but it won’t have the cutout for the tube
I looked and they are start at $40 and then need to be milled out to fit so maybe the 60-70 is not a bad deal.

If it lasts 30+ years like the original, how much is that worth? Based on a 30 yr life span at $60, that's .006 cents a day, or $2.33 a year.
Priceless I guess. As above the alternatives are not that much cheaper. I need to get the rear sill redone and don't want to go put a yota bumper for the tire carrier knowing it is going to get cut out sometime later when I start on the body.

I looked and they are start at $40 and then need to be milled out to fit so maybe the 60-70 is not a bad deal.

Priceless I guess. As above the alternatives are not that much cheaper. I need to get the rear sill redone and don't want to go put a yota bumper for the tire carrier knowing it is going to get cut out sometime later when I start on the body.
4plus makes the bumper I have on my FJ40. Simple but I like it. It's been on my truck 15 years....

Last edited:
Is there a lower cost alternative rubber cushion to use for the rear tire carrier for a 77 and up FJ40?
I am having a hard time justifying paying 60-70 dollars for a rubber cushion.

View attachment 2266718

If it’s semi temporary you can fab up a metal U and wrap the bar with a heavy Inner tube.
mid it can wait till after I move I can probably hook you up with something.
if it’s going to be permanent after the body repair just bite the bullet and spend the money.

If it’s semi temporary you can fab up a metal U and wrap the bar with a heavy Inner tube.
mid it can wait till after I move I can probably hook you up with something.
if it’s going to be permanent after the body repair just bite the bullet and spend the money.
The U and a rubber insert might be promising. Speaking of moves how goes that? Has the corona pandemic put a stop on your move?

The U and a rubber insert might be promising. Speaking of moves how goes that? Has the corona pandemic put a stop on your move?

the Corona slowed it down! But we close on Tuesday! Probably move on the 18th/19th.
so if anyone wants to get out and move some furniture let me know!i made sure all my furniture is 6’ long so you will still be social distancing!:)

Greetings everyone! I'm looking forward to getting out to one of club gatherings and meeting some of you here soon when we finally finish this craziness.

Working through garage projects and have some free stuff that either goes to a new home or to the recycling center.

I'm in Huntingtown MD for anyone interested.

~ Matthew

Wheels/Tires off my 80. X 5 if you want the spare (it's a little rough). Tires are okay, but one needs a plug/patch

20200410_164359.jpg

20200410_164345.jpg

20200410_164335.jpg

Swapped my interior, have these two recaros with bases that fit 80 series. 1 is okay, the other is pretty rough.
20200410_164438.jpg

20200410_164521.jpg

20200410_164540.jpg

Grabbed this york from an old ford pickup.
20200411_144826.jpg

20200411_144853.jpg

20200411_144914.jpg

Seats and compressor spoken for, wheels still available. All items = Free

Selling my ‘68 Bronco. It’s a sweet little driver. $28k. Send me a message if you’re interested and I can send a link to the FS listing I posted on the bronco site along with a gallery of pics.

8939E64C-624B-414F-B63F-A0C881FC7C83.jpeg

It would look nice in Jeff's garage next to the Mustang...

I was thinking the other garage next to the red forty

Just buy it already, Jeff!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom