Official BS Thread (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

the shop is practically a living parts carousel :hillbilly: my rims/tires went to Ken's 4 Runner (who has made more use of my Discount Tire certificates than I ever did - y'all know he's my property manager, right :hillbilly:), Rosie's throttle positions switch went into the LX, her power steering box is in my 40 now, Raul's tank is going into my 40 as we speak, my 40 tranny/transfer went to Chachie, 60Dorkle got hubby's Blazers old tires, my rear brake conversion kit went to DTSkyCop, the spare softtop bows I got for free from KingBee went to some guy in MA, and so on :hillbilly:

Ha! Sounds like you got the whole "sharing" concept down to a science!

good luck with your lift - can't blame me for anything, I wasn't there this time around (haven't met the seller, either) :cheers:

Thanks! I'll update accordingly, but I'm not moving too fast. Going to piece it together as the $$ comes available.

:cheers:

i.e. another tank . . .

here's the tech on FJ40 tanks:

there were many versions over the years - there are only two versions available from Toyota new OEM now for the in-cab style: one is listed for E-9/'72, the other is listed for '73-'78, and then there are the fancy underbody tanks

the problem with the available OEM early style tank is that it has only one outlet tube - and therefore does not fit any FJ40 that has an evaporator/fuel separator system, be it in the bench (as in late '71-9/'72), or any of the later FJ40s - why Toyota did not keep the tank with more outlets on the shelf, considering that any tube not wanted can be simply blocked b a stopper/bolt, remains a mystery to all of us, Tools R Us and beno included

so, if you want a gas tank that has the outlets for the fuel separator, you need to get the '73 and up tank - that one has 2 gallons less fill capacity but fits perfectly into the space due to having the same outer dimension (do not believe parts people telling you otherwise, unless they are talking about the '79 and later underbody tanks) - what does not fit on that one: the fuel filler soft hose needs to be longer towards the tank side, there's a reasonably well-fitting Gates hose for that - what also does not fit: the '72 and earlier fuel sensor, it's slightly too wide - the later model fuel sensors won't work due to different Ohms or something like that, so if you want a working fuel gauge, you'll have to make the early fuel gauge fit in the tank - this requires grinding the opening for the gauge wider by a just about a millimeter - also, the outlets for the fuel separator point towards passenger, so you'll have to reroute the softlines, but that's a minor deal

such is the stuff you can stuff your brain with :rolleyes:

actually, this prompted me to post the info in my build thread on the 40s forum as well - for future reference

Last edited:
All you have to do is subscribe to the thread and its waiting on the app...

Warning, Warning, Warning. The following announcement may become really real. There was a reporting today that somewhere some totally rad thing happened. Somebody got engaged to the most beautiful woman in the world. I have no idea who either one of the two are, but it happened, for real... Hear say is that somewhere there was a guy who gave birth to the most beautiful girl ever. He named her Sheala, He loved his wife a lot, but she told him it was her or the FJ, and Well, he bought a set of bumpers...

Thanks
Cody

bswatch.png
caution-sign.jpg
BS-meter.jpg

Well, if you must ask, I seem to have "misplaced" my script...

It's a BS thread, and it hadn't been posted in at ALL this YEAR. So I HAD to...

Thanks
Cody
@Bang Bang Wow, I wondered if It would do that... Did it like notify you. Amazing...

@LaMedic Did it notify you also?

Finally got around to taking the fender flares off to trim them for the new tires.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421354569.777015.jpg

How you liking OK? You hitting the trails with @Delancy or any of the other guys out that way?

It's not too bad. Haven't hit any trails yet besides some sand that about sank my truck and took and smashed my fender wells since they weren't cut yet. Going in a few weeks to keystone lake and hopefully grand lake with some t4r guys. Going to a meet with the Arkansas LC guys on Tuesday and see if I can hit some trails with them this summer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom