Official 406 Cruisers May Trail Ride... May 21, Little Belts (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I'm in for the 2pm departure... I think. I'll know 100% tonight.

@nohermosa for those of us that dont use oNx can you send coordinates for that spot you intend to camp out on friday night? as of now im planning on leaving friday around five.

Hey guys, my ham is not working and at the last meeting I know it was mentioned about using FRS and GMRS radios. I have the FRS radios from Cruise Moab but I don’t know what the crossover channels are with GMRS. Is the channel 15 mentioned one? Planning on leaving at 6. Thanks!

Thinking of hopping onto the 5pm Friday night bandwagon with @ttFJC !

I was able to just throw those coordinates into Google Maps and got the same location as OnX.

Looking like 3-6" snow according to National Weather Service. Packing the 0 degree bag. @hygge and @ttFJC I'm on a similar time table it looks like. Shoot me a text when yall leave Bozeman, we can link up in Wilsall or White Sulpher for gas or something. I can match yalls pace.

Looking like 3-6" snow according to National Weather Service. Packing the 0 degree bag. @hygge and @ttFJC I'm on a similar time table it looks like. Shoot me a text when yall leave Bozeman, we can link up in Wilsall or White Sulpher for gas or something. I can match yalls pace.
Snow wheeling in like almost June! Love it.

Not sure I want to camp in snow. I may come up later today or tomorrow... I hate the weather in May in Montana. I sprayed my dandelions two days ago, now I have to shovel snow. Sheesh.

Hey guys, my ham is not working and at the last meeting I know it was mentioned about using FRS and GMRS radios. I have the FRS radios from Cruise Moab but I don’t know what the crossover channels are with GMRS. Is the channel 15 mentioned one? Planning on leaving at 6. Thanks!
@thetoyotaman
Check out this link it will show you the break down for FRS/GMRS.

GMRS-
Channels 1 - 8 GRMS can use up to 5watts.
Channels 9 - 14 GMRS can use up to .5watts (1/2 a watt... not useful in my opinion)
Channels 15 - 22 GMRS can use up to 50watts.
Then there are repeater channels with some higher end radios 15RP - 22RP which can use up to 50 watts. As far as I know we do not have any GMRS repeaters in MT.

FRS-
Channels 1-8 FRS can use up to 2watts.
Channels 9 - 14 FRS can use up to .5watts
Channels 15 - 22 FRS can use up to 2watts.
No repeaters for FRS

@thetoyotaman
Check out this link it will show you the break down for FRS/GMRS.

GMRS-
Channels 1 - 8 GRMS can use up to 5watts.
Channels 9 - 14 GMRS can use up to .5watts (1/2 a watt... not useful in my opinion)
Channels 15 - 22 GMRS can use up to 50watts.
Then there are repeater channels with some higher end radios 15RP - 22RP which can use up to 50 watts. As far as I know we do not have any GMRS repeaters in MT.

FRS-
Channels 1-8 FRS can use up to 2watts.
Channels 9 - 14 FRS can use up to .5watts
Channels 15 - 22 FRS can use up to 2watts.
No repeaters for FRS
FYI......some Midland mobile radios do not have channels 9-14

I am going to head up Saturday morning... and if the weather improves I'll camp up there on Saturday night if anyone cares to join. I'll have my two boys with me.

I am going to head up Saturday morning... and if the weather improves I'll camp up there on Saturday night if anyone cares to join. I'll have my two boys with me.
I might be down for that if it isn't below freezing!

Do you have a set group going out? I’m planning on going but that all depends on
the snow stopping so I can replace my starter…

@hygge and i are meeting at story mill park at 5 today to head out there. going to try and find a lil buddy before i head out of town.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom