Official 37" and up picture thread (15 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Rather than tire brand debate I'll stay on the topic of 37's and fitting them. This is my front suspension compressed to within about 1.5" of full stuff with a 37x13.50 Toyo MT. Front axle is moved forward 1.25" I had to trim my front bumper a bit and some of the inside of the flare but the wheel itself is pretty centered in the wheel arch.
Untitled by Adam Tolman, on Flickr

This is the rear at the same spot and within about 1" of full stuff. Rear control arms are extended Blackhawk arms. You can see at full stuff how the extended arms put the wheel farther back in the wheel arch. I had some rubbing at the rear portion of the wheel arch that meant removing the stock mud flaps, trimming a bit of my rear bumper wing and the inside edge of the flare, and rolling the lip of the fender sheetmetal. There is still light rubbing but everything that touches is now pretty smooth and doesn't damage anything.

Rather than tire brand debate I'll stay on the topic of 37's and fitting them. This is my front suspension compressed to within about 1.5" of full stuff with a 37x13.50 Toyo MT. Front axle is moved forward 1.25" I had to trim my front bumper a bit and some of the inside of the flare but the wheel itself is pretty centered in the wheel arch.

This is the rear at the same spot and within about 1" of full stuff. Rear control arms are extended Blackhawk arms. You can see at full stuff how the extended arms put the wheel farther back in the wheel arch. I had some rubbing at the rear portion of the wheel arch that meant removing the stock mud flaps, trimming a bit of my rear bumper wing and the inside edge of the flare, and rolling the lip of the fender sheetmetal. There is still light rubbing but everything that touches is now pretty smooth and doesn't damage anything.
When I go with 37s your setup is how I want to go.

I think not
But if that was the case they would be a very well rounded tire as California is one of the most diversified states.
you could be surfing in the morning rock crawling midday, and then snow wheeling in the evening.

Boy did this thread get derailed let’s try to get it back on track ladies
Hehehehe

I cut out the wheel wells in the front and the lips out of the rear. The lips on the flares were cut out because I’m running a 17x9 -38 wheel. 17x9 -25s seem to slip by the lips on the rear of the flares by just a tiny bit. The front and rear had the equivalent to a 1.5”ish bump stop extensions. The rear rubbed a little but it never really bothered me. The front has about 5” of uptravel and the rear had about 7 with a 3” lift.

IMG_7813.jpeg

IMG_7358.jpeg

image000002.jpeg

IMG_8579.jpeg

So pro comp is no longer making their steel wheels and one of my 97s is bashed beyond repair.
Any recs for a replacement? It should be cheap because I'm going to beat on it.

The 97 is 17x9 with 4.25" backspace and 19mm offset for reference.
PXL_20231028_152815689.jpg

So pro comp is no longer making their steel wheels and one of my 97s is bashed beyond repair.

View attachment 3600257
I would argue that you should get something nice because you're going to beat on it. There's a reason you need to replace one

View attachment 3600257
Instead of facing this same issue again why not pull the trigger on some good, not cheap, beadlock rims?

Beadlocks not exactly road legal. And I don't want to spend more on rims than the truck is worth
Then run a add in the proper place !

The classified section 🤪

View attachment 3600257

I just bought a set of four about a month ago.

Cheers

39s are the new 37... just sayin.;)
Zero bananas givin here.:banana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom