TLCA Official 2021 Rubithon Thread (32nd or 33rd Annual - TBD) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

They are there, keep trying, Icehouse resort is a good place to leave trailers, camp prior to running trail, pick up last minute items, have a meal if kitchens open, have a drink, get gas if needed, usually pretty chill with lots of space
Thanks. Yes, I’m leaving the tow rig there. Spoke to them last fall, I need to firm it up. Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Getting close. We move to Cali today for the month of May. Pick up my Radflo shocks in a couple weeks. Will start asking dumb questions soon....

Hi Everyone

News and updates

#1 - There will be NO MEALS at the Springs. NO DINNER.

I know that it sucks, but the decision was made that we might not be able to meet the County's COVID food handling requirements, and we didn't want to find out a week before the event.

SO.... Please pack food for Dinner on Saturday!

Everything else will remain the same. I'm attempting to fill in for Mr Thompson, as he had to step down. I'm finishing up registrations, and you should be receiving confirmation emails later tonight.

Thank you for your patience!

Ross Woody
New Rubithon Chairman

Will the Bar still be open ? And Thank You for steeping in .

Thank you stepping into the chairmanship. If you need help and can delegate something to done at a distance, send me a DM.

Raffle. check
RC car / Kids movies Check
Exit Committee Check

Life Flight info ?

Open Bar. Check
Demonstrations ? I will have a Bun Trail Welder if anyone would like to demo it .

Have Fun double check

Trail Mechanic ?

Radio Channels ?

Awards ?

Hi Everyone

News and updates

#1 - There will be NO MEALS at the Springs. NO DINNER.

I know that it sucks, but the decision was made that we might not be able to meet the County's COVID food handling requirements, and we didn't want to find out a week before the event.

SO.... Please pack food for Dinner on Saturday!

Everything else will remain the same. I'm attempting to fill in for Mr Thompson, as he had to step down. I'm finishing up registrations, and you should be receiving confirmation emails later tonight.

Thank you for your patience!

Ross Woody
New Rubithon Chairman
Thanks for stepping in Ross! I’ll be grilling Vienna sausages.

Thanks for stepping in Ross! I’ll be grilling Vienna sausages.
Raffle. check
Exit Committee Check

Life Flight info ?

Open Bar. Check
Demonstrations ? I will have a Bun Trail Welder if anyone would like to demo it .

Have Fun double check

Trail Mechanic ?

Radio Channels ?

Awards ?
Second for the life flight stuff. Do we need both vendors? Is it required?

i tried signing up and submitting the code for the first and it wasnt working. Anyone else experience this?

Raffle. check
Exit Committee Check

Life Flight info ?

Open Bar. Check

Have Fun double check

Trail Mechanic ?

Radio Channels ?

Awards ?
For the Air flight (Air Care Med Network) - Rubithon covers everyone that is registered and is on our sheets as passengers for the duration of the time on the trail during the event. If I don't have your passenger's name, they aren't covered by Rubithon's group policy.

With the changes to California Medical requirements, you should check with your HMO to see if you need it in California. In fact, there is a disclaimer now on the website to that effect. You should find out if your policy has a maximum coverage. Some have a $10K limit. A life flight out of the Rubicon can be $25K plus.

If you want to purchase it, the discount code for Rubithon is: 11148
This drops the price from $85 to $65

The RESMA link that was sent out previously doesn't work. Care Flight's website says that they are now administered by AMCN, so you may not need it. You should check with them.

We've never had a "Trail Mechanic" per se. That's something those rich J##per guys get. We have some really good business members that are usually good about helping, but don't bring up a broken mini and hope that Marlin will spend his weekend fixing it. (It's happened).

Haven't set up radio channels yet.

Thanks for the updates. We are looking forward to our first time on this trail. Bucket list for sure.

Second for the life flight stuff. Do we need both vendors? Is it required?

i tried signing up and submitting the code for the first and it wasnt working. Anyone else experience this?
The code is not working at this website...

The code is not working at this website...
I'm checking on that right now. 11148 worked for my renewal, but I just tried creating a new one and it failed

For the Air flight (Air Care Med Network) - Rubithon covers everyone that is registered and is on our sheets as passengers for the duration of the time on the trail during the event. If I don't have your passenger's name, they aren't covered by Rubithon's group policy.

With the changes to California Medical requirements, you should check with your HMO to see if you need it in California. In fact, there is a disclaimer now on the website to that effect. You should find out if your policy has a maximum coverage. Some have a $10K limit. A life flight out of the Rubicon can be $25K plus.

If you want to purchase it, the discount code for Rubithon is: 11148
This drops the price from $85 to $65

The RESMA link that was sent out previously doesn't work. Care Flight's website says that they are now administered by AMCN, so you may not need it. You should check with them.

We've never had a "Trail Mechanic" per se. That's something those rich J##per guys get. We have some really good business members that are usually good about helping, but don't bring up a broken mini and hope that Marlin will spend his weekend fixing it. (It's happened).

Haven't set up radio channels yet.

The online code is 11148-CA-BUS

EVERYONE, I’m rolling out to the event from Indiana and will be on 80. I plan to use SLC as a place to take a break. I spoke with Kurt from Cruiser Outfitters and he said he’d be willing to open up the Land Cruiser Museum Tuesday (June 22) evening about 5:30 for a couple hour tour. The museum isnt open Tuesday’s so it will be a small group going through the Museum. So, if anyone is interested in stopping to see the museum please PM me so I cant let Kurt know numbers. In addition he will be letting the local clubs know and some of those members will be coming as well. After the tour a group may be headed to get dinner and couple of cold ones. As for me I’m on Hufts Run so I will be heading out right after dinner so I can get my meat stuffs and head to Icehouse. Hope to see some of you there.

Thanks @cruiseroutfit

TJ

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom