TLCA Official 2019 Black Hills Cruiser Classic Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I wish there was some camera action on the trail today; I really rocked the 40! Quick and dirty.

a couple from Thursday

03391F07-977C-4ABC-864B-9FDD62F4D68D.jpeg

C00150CE-4643-4A47-B68F-A72D0F74D91D.png

I really had a great time, pretty much from the time I got there until the time I left, even with all the super-normal rain.

I rolled in late Tuesday afternoon, before the event officially started. So the campsite reserved for me DURING the event wasn’t available yet. Ed and Perry quickly got things sorted out for me and I was able to set up camp.

Before I even finished setting up camp Swede came over and introduced himself and his wife. The next thing I knew, I had a dinner invitation!

I happened to mention @Poser over dinner and virtually everyone there lit up and started telling me stories about his legendary appearances at this event. That was also cool.

I also met Cody, who along with Ed were in charge of the overnight run, and the next morning we headed off on our 200 mile long exploration of the Black Hills. Having never been to the area, I really had no idea how big the area is. But Cody, Ed and the crew did a great job of giving us the big picture. Not a lot of wheeling per se, but something I highly recommend for anyone who wants to get a sense of how big the area is.

As for how green everything was, I quickly found out why: it’s been raining...A LOT. Tuesday night right after I got in my tent it rained to beat the band, and I discovered that my 14 year old waterproof tent that has never failed me before is not South Dakota waterproof! :eek: It really only sweated a little, the racket was at hail level for a while. Note to self: next time, rent a cabin!

Last edited:
Edgar, I want to see that pic from the kids raffle! I don’t think I’ve ever seen a larger crowd of future mudders . It was very encouraging. You have a wonderful club full of young families with a great future. I was very happy to be a part of it, and look forward to doing it again.

Last edited:
What an amazing trip! I enjoyed every minute of it! Saw some old friends and made a bunch of new ones. Hopefully I'll be able to make it back next year. Here are a few of my photos. More scenic pictures than wheeling.

Oh and thanks for all those raffle winnings!

Cheers,
Angelo

20190720_113651.jpg
20190720_112839.jpg
20190719_150303.jpg
20190719_150528.jpg

We had a really wet spring so we had to avoid some of our harder trails on public land. Very fortunate to get access to some private property this year for the buggies to play on.

fullsizeoutput_99f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_99a.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_9d9.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_97c.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_989.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom