TLCA Official 2019 Black Hills Cruiser Classic Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It's an awesome event and an outstanding !!! Highly recommend!!

Screenshot_20190320-173133.png

Haven’t attended this event before and have a few questions-

• Our trail truck is street legal, insured, etc. but it’s definitely not a “street truck”. There’s a good chance you’ll see you’re life flash before your eyes at speeds above 35-40mph. Is it realistic to think that we can drive it from camp to the trails each day without trailering?

• Is CB strongly recommended, or groups don’t really spread out too much and it’s not that important? We have HAM, but not CB.

• For those that know the area well, what are some “must see” trails for someone who’s never been there before?

• Anyone from the Dakota Cruisers that knows these trails well and is possibly planning to arrive a day early want to go run a trail on Wednesday?

@1SLOWYT

1. We have a slow procession usually to the trails. There are a few trails that are accessed from the hwy you’d want to trailer to by the description of your truck. Over half of the rock trails are accessible just across the road via gravel road. 35 mph max.

2. Ham is fine.

3. Iceman, bikini/t-back or any of the trails in the camp 5 area are scenic and also fun to hit the rocks.

4. Lots of attendees and members show up Monday and wheel before the event however this is on your own and outside our event insurance. I’d say yes come early if you want to wheel more than the 3 days the event lasts. There will be groups more than willing to have you tag along. Pm me your Contact info if you need anymore information and I’ll give you a call personally.

@1SLOWYT

1. We have a slow procession usually to the trails. There are a few trails that are accessed from the hwy you’d want to trailer to by the description of your truck. Over half of the rock trails are accessible just across the road via gravel road. 35 mph max.

2. Ham is fine.

3. Iceman, bikini/t-back or any of the trails in the camp 5 area are scenic and also fun to hit the rocks.

4. Lots of attendees and members show up Monday and wheel before the event however this is on your own and outside our event insurance. I’d say yes come early if you want to wheel more than the 3 days the event lasts. There will be groups more than willing to have you tag along. Pm me your Contact info if you need anymore information and I’ll give you a call personally.

This is helpful information. Thank you.

Prefer to trailer it around as little as possible, not a huge deal, just a hassle. Glad to hear it won’t be necessary each day.

Good to know people show up earlier in the week. Would definitely enjoy tagging along on a trail or 2 before the event starts. Will ask around once we arrive.

Based on the reading we’ve done and the limited online pics / videos we’ve seen, Iceman & Bikini/T-Back are definitely on the list of trails we’d like to run, so it’s good to hear they’re recommended.

Looking forward to this trip. We always enjoy checking out new trails. Thanks again for the info!

Just registered for this. I've been wanting to attend for years. I'll be driving up from Denver.

20190317_124543.jpg

Looking forward to this Edgar. Paul is going to help me with logistics on getting my 40 transported to MT. Then we will caravan to the event, I will wheel the 40 and drive it back to CA.

With any luck I will be sporting hot-off-the-press pics of my first grandchild, due a week before I leave for this.

This years t-shirt design is going to print and as of today only 3 registrations left! It’s gonna be a full house! Please contact us at dakotacruisers.com to register. We have all kinds of trails to offer from scenic fire tower runs with an overnight camp out sponsored by Mike at Bump It Offroad that will be guided by mike and @CTHOR to rock crawling in our limestone creek beds. Bring the whole family out and join us!

782963FA-77E2-4287-8EAD-19F53F510A63.jpeg

1904AA6E-38FF-4EBB-A691-14A1F2830CCE.jpeg

Is it time yet?
I’m ready to go

Hope the trails haven’t washed away looks like it’s been pretty crazy weather

It’s gonna be a good time, rains like this are good for wheelin other than the mud. It changes the rocks up on the trails and makes it a challenge again! Nevertheless we will be out pre-running trails over the next few weekends to make sure everything is passable. Also to make sure we won’t cause irreversible damage to the trails by bringing in a big group of trucks. We may have to avoid some trails because of this but we have plenty of trails to run.

Where’s all the buzz happening? Let me guess: Facebook:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom