Official 2008 Safety/Tech Inspection Picture Thread (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

D'Animal

Rescuer of Beagles & Landcruisers
Threads
Here is the official 2008 Central Valley Crawlers Vehicle Safety and Tech inspection thread for pictures.

I know a lot of cameras were used so feel free to post up the pictures you took. I was not able to get every bodies pictures while on the Ramp.

Since my Tow Rig was the most convenient vehicle I took it up the ramp.
DSCF3377.JPG
DSCF3376.JPG

65swb45 on the Ramp.

He had first place for the lowest distance but it was taken from him by a new H2 Hummer. It is a mostly stock FJ45 LWB with open difs. If he removed his axle bump stop extensions he would have made it a whole lot farther up the ramp.
DSCF3375.JPG
DSCF3374.JPG
DSCF3373.JPG

Last edited:
Mark Algazy (65swb45) was able to assist several club memembers diagnose a few problems with thier rigs. We installed the carb he rebuilt on my 1976 Blue FJ40. We ran into so many problems were were laughing.

I have a body lift so the stock throttle linkage does not quite line up. LOL!
I had more exhaust leaks than I have exhaust valves.
I'm in the proccess of fixing everything and installing the smog stuff as I go.

"Dan What Were You Thinking" was a common phrase used.

Thanks Mark!

Looks like a good time. Wish I could have made it!

Does anyone have a pic of my wife's H2 on the ramp?
Just need to prove to her that a "little" wheelin' won't hurt her ride! THANKS!!

i have a bunch of them but need to transfer to a host.

Hey dan i was wondering in i could use that ramp that u had out at the tech inspection for this saturday there having a mini truck slash car show at moneys grove park and i am going to enter my truck and i want to get the banner and support our club out there i think it would be cool if i could park the rig on that ramp if not i understand no problem thanks

How would you get it there? If you had a trailer how would you unload it and reload it?

Hey dan i was wondering in i could use that ramp that u had out at the tech inspection for this saturday there having a mini truck slash car show at moneys grove park and i am going to enter my truck and i want to get the banner and support our club out there i think it would be cool if i could park the rig on that ramp if not i understand no problem thanks

Anyone have pics of me almost rolling the 45 over?:eek:

:D

hey dan it shldnt be a problem i have a cartrailer i can use and a way to get it down and back up do i need to pick it up at ur house let me know thanks

Just for the Record, Mark did not almost roll, he was never on 2 wheels. Mark chose to come up the canyon, he even walked up there before. I didnt force or talk anyone into going up it. I told everyone that this was an option, could cause rocker panel damage. I heard that there was some talk at the meeting that mark was on two wheels and almost rolled. I did step on his rocker but I believe it didnt do anything because all 4 tires were at all times on the ground. Anyone that was there can vouch for this. I was not careless and I help everyone through but the blue fj from lock n low because he was yelling at us how to spot and wanted to take mark high on the rock which would have cause him to roll.

The blue fj in my opinion was very careless and wreckless. He had his son in the back and if he would have rolled would of killed him. Chad even mentioned why dont you take your son out. He did not have a family cage and when he almost rolled backwords, the vehicle would of rolled on his son.

I just wanted to clear some things up so if someone heard something different, this is the truth.

I guess that means there were no pictures!

Sounds like some discussions have been going on about this I am not privy to. Sorry if my less than accurate description has caused any drama.

I was just out having a good time with some new friends. The difficulty of the trail WAS very accurately described both before AND during the event, AND I did know what I was getting into, as I not only walked the trail, but had been on it with Dan driving the night before.

I didn't actually 'feel' tippy at any point during the adventure, but when Cacy's eyes got real big, and he offered to come ride on the slider, I certainly didn't refuse. I appreciate his concern and his personal commitment to safety on that count. I've seen a lot of guys watch a roll without lending a hand to prevent one. And I have been personally saved from a roll by a simple nudge by a friend.;)

I thought he was a very good trail leader. And for the record, I have been on a LOT of trails, with a LOT of trail leaders.

:cheers:

Thanks Mark. My eyes got big because I would hate to see a 45 as clean as yours roll or damaged. Mark it was real nice meeting you and had a good time on the trail with you. Hopefully you can make the calico run.

I just heard that someone said that you were on two wheels and almost rolled. I will never put anyone in a situation before I emplain it to them and they know what they are getting into. I dont want anyone to get hurt or there vehicle to get damaged. I will post some pics

Like I said, I was just trying to clear up any rumors

I think people were getting thier blue Land Cruisers mixed up.

I guess to a Jeep person, Toyotas are like Chinese people!:hillbilly:

And that 'other' cruiser was very, VERY close to rolling. I reached in from above the rock and tried to stabilize him at one point when he was rolling back. Remind me which club he's a member of again...for future reference.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom