Offenhauser intake (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I bought an Offy and a 600/650 Holley on e-bay. The manifold fits fine, but the carb hits the brake booster. Would a 390 cfm fit any better or is this manifold for a pre disc brake fj40. help!!

I haven't gotten mine installed yet (lack of carb), but that carb sounds WAY too big for a 2F. From what I've heard, the best thing to put on there is an Edelbrock 500CFM, either a 1404 or a 1403.

Also, is your intake a dual port or C series? If C, I've heard you have to install the carb sideways. Not sure on that, though.

Oh, and I actually have 2 offy's...One for an F, one for a 2F (got the F by accident). Then ONLY difference between the two is the heat riser bolt pattern. Would still work fine on a 2F, if you either don't use the heat riser or used a header. But it wouldn't have any effect on the carb hitting the booster.

Yea, I kind of figured that carb was to much. My offy is a dual port and the carb does fit sideways. But before I drop green on another carb I want to make sure it will clear the booster.

I've never measured the carb bodies to find out but I'm pretty sure you're going to find the 600 and 390 are the same physical size or mighty close.

The 500CFM Edelbrock's fit on there fine, but you'll have to use a different air filter...either open element or a homebrew snorkle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom