Off to Cruiserfest (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
The photo is my Heritage Land Cruiser towing my…….Heritage Land Cruiser, getting started for 2021 Cruiserfest in SLC.

However, problems right out of the gate, the U-Haul (U-Hurl) had a ‘screw’ in the tire. Called the U-Hurl hot line and Les Schawb to the rescue. So much for an early start. LOL

A212BD02-4904-4250-915A-E18C10DAFDA0.jpeg
798377EB-A74C-4A1A-A007-9215F3BAF0E0.jpeg

The photo is my Heritage Land Cruiser towing my…….Heritage Land Cruiser, getting started for 2021 Cruiserfest in SLC.

However, problems right out of the gate, the U-Haul (U-Hurl) had a ‘screw’ in the tire. Called the U-Hurl hot line and Les Schawb to the rescue. So much for an early start. LOL

View attachment 2781823View attachment 2781825
As frustrating as that is, it is much better to catch that sort of thing in your driveway rather than a flat on the side of the road, or worse yet a blowout. Please let me know how the hauler works out for you. We will be towing ours for about a 4 hour drive soon. Planning on using our F250.
Thanks.
Mark

I’ll be there too. Any issues down this way I am happy to help where I can (not that the 200 is likely to break down, but that offer applies to anyone else out there)

The new museum is really nice. I’ve been watching the progress over the past few weeks since my train home from work goes right by it.

Well we made it, 12 hours in the saddle from Kennewick, Wa to SLC. The 200 dose fine, squats a bit in the back but no worse than any other 1/2 ton PU. The 5.7 twin cam Toyota motor is a bit particular and really doesn’t come into its own until your at 3500 rpm. So you keep the trans in manual mode and just down shift for the hills to keep the revs in that 3000 to 3600 sweet spot.

The 200 is prewired, just need the round to flat adaptor plug. As far as the U-Hurl, other than the flat before we started, no other issues, tows straight. @Green Bean, your F250 should be fine, I figure trailer and FJ40 weigh in at about 4500 to 5000 lbs, the U-Hurl trailers are steel and quite heavy. Also keep on mind that the front tire straps are only supposed to be good for up to 30 inch tires, I have 31’s on my FJ40, if you’re running 33’s they probably will be to short.

@John in Utah, look me up Saturday, I’ll have the 68 in the show and shine….pictures tomorrow of the unloading ceremonies. LOL

Well we made it, 12 hours in the saddle from Kennewick, Wa to SLC. The 200 dose fine, squats a bit in the back but no worse than any other 1/2 ton PU. The 5.7 twin cam Toyota motor is a bit particular and really doesn’t come into its own until your at 3500 rpm. So you keep the trans in manual mode and just down shift for the hills to keep the revs in that 3000 to 3600 sweet spot.

The 200 is prewired, just need the round to flat adaptor plug. As far as the U-Hurl, other than the flat before we started, no other issues, tows straight. @Green Bean, your F250 should be fine, I figure trailer and FJ40 weigh in at about 4500 to 5000 lbs, the U-Hurl trailers are steel and quite heavy. Also keep on mind that the front tire straps are only supposed to be good for up to 30 inch tires, I have 31’s on my FJ40, if you’re running 33’s they probably will be to short.

@John in Utah, look me up Saturday, I’ll have the 68 in the show and shine….pictures tomorrow of the unloading ceremonies. LOL

Is the OBS 75 series dual cab on mud? It’s an epic build and I want one

A day late, and a dollar short!

Just got back from “World of Speed” at Bonneville, and found out about this event too late.

Plus my Cruiser is back In Tucson!

Rocky

D34B3854-3712-4339-AC28-F354271018C5.jpeg

Well we made back safe and sound. No ‘other’ issues with the U-Hurl. To any and all that participated….it was a great time, thank you for the ‘congrats’…those of you that missed it…mark your calendars for next year.

Is the OBS 75 series dual cab on mud? It’s an epic build and I want one
I think he is! I was hanging out with him the whole day at cruiserfest. He is a really cool dude. He drove all the way from CaA to the show!
that truck is a beast!

Hey Mark it was nice meeting you at CruiserFest and congrats on best of show! My wife is still talking about the Pendleton blanket seat covers!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom