Off schedule trip to the gulches Saturday 8/27/22 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I plan to run Longwater Gulch and Hackett Gulch tomorrow morning in my FJ 40. If anyone would like to join me, you can meet me at the Phillips 66 in Divide, not Woodland Park, around seven-ish. (same station where we meet for the Christmas tree patrols.) I plan to run them in a fairly quick timeframe without stopping a lot for chitchat so that I can run both gulches and complete them in a reasonable timeframe.
Vic
71nine4threenine9six0two

We ran Hackett Gulch first and didn’t see anybody until we arrived at chicken scratch rock on the way back out. We spent quite a bit of time at the river and it was quite peaceful.
Most of the excitement was on Longwater Gulch. We winched a jeep out of the river that had tried to cross and got swept down a bit. It took two winch pulls at different angles to get them around the bushes and into the exit track. We were the only ones there by the river and the jeepers would’ve been in real trouble had we not been there. There was a Tacoma on the other side and all their gear was laid out drying. Sounds like they got soaked, also.
Most of the excitement was at the Longwater rock. There was a rolling party of razors, the ATVs, and dirt bikes there with music playing. It was lots of fun watching people on the rock. The jeep we had pulled out attempted the rock and got hung up on their Hitch mounted carrier. They winched themselves up. We will see if my videos upload. It was a great day and we had so much fun that I will be going back this Saturday to run predator and Metberry Gulches. I will create another thread with details and anyone is welcome to join me.

That trail is going to get closed if people don't stay out of the river.:bang:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom