off road (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
i took her off road this weekend. i left work early and put more of the natural pinstriping i needed to raise the retail value on her. my radio didnt work before and now it works, the PS window wouldnt roll down from the DS and now it does.
it just does a world of good for the lady to be used the way God intended. later i wil post pics but i have to figure it out.

He just told us how to fix an 80 radio and master window control switch. Sounds techie to me! :beer:

-Spike

well here is a tech Q. why will my switch only roll the PS window down but not up? and why in the world would it get fixed going off road? and where am i supposed to put those pics b/c no one around here cares?
i thought you would care, but now i will have to be lonely again.
spike, josh thank you for understanding that we cant all have tech Qs everyday

Ross IV said:
well here is a tech Q. why will my switch only roll the PS window down but not up? and why in the world would it get fixed going off road? and where am i supposed to put those pics b/c no one around here cares?
i thought you would care, but now i will have to be lonely again.
spike, josh thank you for understanding that we cant all have tech Qs everyday
Perhaps a loose connector on the switch, maybe jarring it while driving offroad re-seated it enough to make it work? :confused:

LOL, sometimes the line between tech and chat gets blurry. Romer's job is to try to keep this section somewhat clean so people looking for help don't get buried in stories about trails, cooking utensils, and cars/parts for sale. My personal filter for my own posts is whether it pertains to 80's specifically. If not, it goes in Chat or some other forum. On rare occasions I'll post something in the 80 forum, knowing it will get moved, because that way I get the 80 people's attention and feedback first. Don't worry if this goes to Chat, it just means more people will share your fun! :D

-Spike

Hold on... I think this may have another technical edge to it. You say you had intermitent electrical issues that were solved by percusive maintenance?

You need to go through the different grounding points and make sure they're all clean. With the body ground vehicle, there are several.

I found this out after banging my head against the wall. My little car with a happy skinny pedal had a loose ground and I had intermitant electrical issues as a result. The horn going off at random in traffic was the best part.

You may have narrowed down a legitimate tech problem. Start with the ground on your battery and work back from there. Don't overlook the grounding strap from the battery to the body. Disconnect that one and clean it up.

I think we're gonna need a new FAQ about 'percussive maintenance'. :D

-Spike

-Spike- said:
I think we're gonna need a new FAQ about 'percussive maintenance'. :D

-Spike

Percussive maintenance works quite well on a lot of computer equipment too. When that fails, I recomend the gravity test. Preferably at terminal velocity.

Doesn't work? Whack it with a hammer. Still doesn't work? Get a bigger hammer.

I like the smoke theories. Electronic components run on smoke. If you let the smoke out, they don't work any more. Also, the smoke test- apply voltage until something smokes, that's where your problem is.

-Spike

Now its chat...

-Spike- said:
I like the smoke theories. Electronic components run on smoke. If you let the smoke out, they don't work any more. Also, the smoke test- apply voltage until something smokes, that's where your problem is.

-Spike

I have an ammendment to that. Electronics run on smoke and mirrors. Look closely at a circuit board. See all the mirrors running about.. long thin reflective lines under a coating of green. The little black boxes that the mirrors connect to have the smoke in 'em. Break a mirror or let the smoke out and it stops working.

Things I've found through research...
5 layers of IBM PS/2 model 30 computers will stop a 9mm fired from a Ruger KP95 pistol. 6 layers will stop a 9mm when fired from a P90 carbine. It takes 8 to stop a 45. 10 if it is a real hot hand load. I ran out of cases at 15 and couldn't stop the M16 or AK47 or the 50 cal Desert Eagle. Tests performed at 25 meters.

Now it qualifies as chat. :ban::grinpimp::beer:

Will someone tell the poor man how to post a pic!!!!

My Dad had a story. He used to repair phone answering machines back when they were complicated and not common.
A client called him up in a dither because his machine wasn't working, and Dad was rather busy.
He told the client to place the machine on a desk and plug it in. Then he told him to slide the machine off of the desk and hold it above the floor at desk height, and then let go! The machine worked perfectly afterwards and Dad was hailed as a genious! Percussion technology at it's best!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom