Off Road trailer size (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Not a rep for these guys but if you are looking for a trailer you can still stand up in and has pretty much everything you need off grid, great suspension, and good storage. The Summit – Mission Overland - https://missionoverland.ca/models/the-summit/ zero complaints kids love the bunk beds. It’s not perfect but it’s made well.
I've seen these while surfing/day dreaming. Is there enough room inside to use a cassette type toilet? Having the toilet in the sleeping space is not Plan A for me but in the pouring rain at night with wife, daughter, or grand kid (3 yr old), it may be a selling point to my accountant (wife).

I've seen these while surfing/day dreaming. Is there enough room inside to use a cassette type toilet? Having the toilet in the sleeping space is not Plan A for me but in the pouring rain at night with wife, daughter, or grand kid (3 yr old), it may be a selling point to my accountant (wife).
If you’re thinking about a toilet inside you may want to consider one of the Wrappon toilets. They are not cheap but when it comes to poop it may be worth the investment. We love ours, especially my wife and 5 and 6 year olds.

I have a toilet, shower, hot water, a Great Heater and inside kitchen as well as outside Kitchen in mine :)

Pictures from when it was new. I haven't taken any inside pictures since them, with the exception of the Heater control which I installed

DSC00831.JPG
DSC00833.JPG
DSC00835.JPG
DSC00836.JPG
IMG_0659.jpg

Dang, the wife would love that. I'm afraid to ask how much $$$ :eek:

The new camper that Mission Overland is about to release looks promising. I think it’s called the Approach. They’ve been working on it for a while and it looks like a solid mid-sized camper.

Wonder if they make an off-road version of this:

PolyJohn TU01-1000 PJN3 Single Portable Restroom Trailer

My girls might come with more.

Those Kimberly's new are like 90k and the new Romer1 is 153k.

Those Kimberly's new are like 90k and the new Romer1 is 153k.
Mine is a Karavan, not the more expensive Kruisers. The Kampers are also pretty nice. I had one before I upgraded to my Karavan 7 years ago

I bought it direct from the factory when the currency exchange was just right. Otherwise, I would still have my Kamper

Key reason I went with the Karavan vs the Kruiser is it fits in my Garage. That to me is the secret to a long life for a camper even for one that is built to last the extremes of the outback
20220911_065728.jpg
20220909_160503.jpg

20220725_141611.jpg

There are 2 more bigger Kruiser Models, one with 4 tires (T3)
1668747799432.png

Last edited:
If you look at the link in my signature, I started with an Offroad Popup. That to me is a great setup with little kids, but fell apart on washboard roads. I Then went to a nice setup with an RTT on top, but that wasnt for me. I have an Alu-Cab RTT when there are trails the Karavan can't go like the Maze (Permit doesn't allow trailers). I like comfort and heat so got the Kamper. I would still have it and be happy if the opportunity hadn't come up due to multiple dominos falling for the Karavan. I have had the Karavan now 7 years and am very happy with it. I did get the option to make the long bench a Bunk bed, but have never used that. My daughters are both married so they get a comfy tent under the Canopy with their husbands now :)

Yes, Kimberley owners like to camp together

1668751455664.png

Here are two Karavans and a Kamper at Cruise Moab this year at Spanish Trail Campground. That Kamper is a 2002 model and still in outstanding shape. My Kamper was also a 2002 Kamper that I sold 7 years ago and still looked like new.
20220425_213027.jpg
20220426_063326.jpg

My old Kamper. The front end is much nicer starting with 2007 and up when they added Gull Wings
Ouray 2010 Ken 063.JPG

With a full set of walls. Only Time I installed them was in my back yard. be great for hunting (which I don't do) or if you wanted other people to camp within your Camping setup

KK setup 011.JPG

Mine is a Karavan, not the more expensive Kruisers.

There are 2 more bigger Kruiser Models, one with 4 tires (T3)

yes and they are like 90k now.

karavan-price.jpg

We have small toilet, with the bed down it works for the kiddos but there is not enough room for an adult to sit. With the bed up an adult could use it, but it would be kinda cramped. There is a 270 awning that covers the opening, we set up a pop up outhouse situation right outside.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom