off road trailer designs? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am thinking about building an off road trailer, if everybody could post up any pictyres/designs they have, that would be awsome!;p

Thanks,

Here is my favorite. Kurt at Cruiser Outfitters. Found this pic awhile back.
Outfitterstrailer.jpg

I am interested in doing the same thing too. Would love to see other pics and ideas.

Is that a ball coupler or a pintle? Seems if you were not needing extreme articulation between truck and trailer, a ball would be preferable.

Ed

kurts is sweet, need dimensions on it, measure your top and there you have it. pintle

I resto'd an M416. I really liked the project. Seach around out here max you might just find a really good deal on one. Then modify from there. There's tons of info and 416 build ups.

74fj40 said:
wow, that if very nice, kurt, do you have any demension, or any other pictures?
Whoa, I'm not Kurt. Just saying that it was said to be Kurt's.
-Duane

I don't have any dimensions for it, but I can tell you that the width of the tub is the EXACT same width as a 40... and the length is the same as the rear of a FJ40 + the radius on the front. I am working on a page of specs and pics here:
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/tech_trailer.html

Feel free to ask more questions... that way I know what to put on the website;)

It looks like you can see where the hardtop would have gone on that trailer, so it could be just a modified '40 rear section, and a modified fiber top.

AlaskanWheeler said:
It looks like you can see where the hardtop would have gone on that trailer, so it could be just a modified '40 rear section, and a modified fiber top.

Yes, it is the rear 1/2 of a fiberglass FJ40 tub (origin unkown), and two hardtops (needed two rear portions). The front of the tub is steel (same as we use for re-skins, thus same radius as the back corners... :D

HawkDriver said:
OK one not so nice feature about the new editing. No uploading pics, even in advanced mode.

Anyways, here's a pic.

You need a full size to be towing that beast. It's designed for duece and a halfs or humvees. 1 1/2 ton trailer. The m416 is 1/4 ton'r.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom