off road trailer designs?

74fj40

I am thinking about building an off road trailer, if everybody could post up any pictyres/designs they have, that would be awsome!;p

Thanks,

Is that a ball coupler or a pintle? Seems if you were not needing extreme articulation between truck and trailer, a ball would be preferable.

Ed

wesintl

I resto'd an M416. I really liked the project. Seach around out here max you might just find a really good deal on one. Then modify from there. There's tons of info and 416 build ups.

yotanut

74fj40 said:
wow, that if very nice, kurt, do you have any demension, or any other pictures?
Whoa, I'm not Kurt. Just saying that it was said to be Kurt's.
-Duane

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor

I don't have any dimensions for it, but I can tell you that the width of the tub is the EXACT same width as a 40... and the length is the same as the rear of a FJ40 + the radius on the front. I am working on a page of specs and pics here:
http://www.cruiseroutfitters.com/tech_trailer.html

Feel free to ask more questions... that way I know what to put on the website;)

AlaskanWheeler

SILVER Star

It looks like you can see where the hardtop would have gone on that trailer, so it could be just a modified '40 rear section, and a modified fiber top.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Vendor

AlaskanWheeler said:
It looks like you can see where the hardtop would have gone on that trailer, so it could be just a modified '40 rear section, and a modified fiber top.
Yes, it is the rear 1/2 of a fiberglass FJ40 tub (origin unkown), and two hardtops (needed two rear portions). The front of the tub is steel (same as we use for re-skins, thus same radius as the back corners... :D

I'm not sure on the specs of this one but it looks like it handles being towed through some tough stuff.

HawkDriver

Or maybe pic one of these up. The tracks are kinda cool, drawbacks sure, but cool. Probably not too practical, this one seems super beefy and heavy but what the heck, sparking ideas. :D
Trailer 2.JPG

wesintl

HawkDriver said:
OK one not so nice feature about the new editing. No uploading pics, even in advanced mode.

Anyways, here's a pic.

You need a full size to be towing that beast. It's designed for duece and a halfs or humvees. 1 1/2 ton trailer. The m416 is 1/4 ton'r.

Top Bottom