Off Road Trailer / Base Camp - The light way (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

LandCruiserPhil

Peter Pan Syndrome
Supporting Vendor
Threads
trailer1.JPG
trailer2.JPG
trailer4.JPG
I set out to build an Off Road light weight trailer to be used as a base camp for longer trips. It needed to have everything, be comfortable for 2 adults and a dog or 2, follow me most places, and could be pulled by an 80 series up hills at speed.

Still needs some finishing touches so don't be too critical.:rolleyes:

As with all my project I had help from several CSC members. I thank you all for your help, advice, and the needed motivation to get it done.

Last edited:
LandCruiserPhil said:
I set out to build an Off Road light weight trailer to be used as a base camp for longer trips. It needed to have everything, be comfortable for 2 adults and a dog or 2, follow me most places, and could be pulled by an 80 series up hills at speed.

Still needs some finishing touches so don't be too critical.:rolleyes:

As with all my project I had help from several CSC members. I thank you all for your help, advice, and the needed motivation to get it done.

Great job Phil!! Can't wait to see it in person.

Does it open into something bigger or are you just towing a footlocker?:confused:

how many rows of rear lights are on that thing :confused:

I saw the creation in your driveway when visiting your locker the other afternoon - looking good Phil.

I see you thought through the 90 degree clearance so the trailer doesnt contact the body on tight turns :cool:

Very cool! :cool:

Nice!

Nice Job on this.....:beer:

Congratulations on a job very well done, as always "Landcruiser Phil Special Edition" stands alone. Looks great, wish I could see it in person.

Phil, story on the tent, take it that was custom made?

Very nice job Phil - simple and elegant.

Keeping it light is the only way. On the 10 day expeditions we do every summer into northern British Columbia we have had problems with broken trailers on two of the three trips - all due to too much weight on rough trails.

Just look at what is pulling this beauty LOL....

trailer--broken.jpg

I love it! Trailers make great entertainment on the trail:lol:, but great as a base camp. Look's great Phil:clap:!

Thanks for the positive feedback guys

Phil, story on the tent, take it that was custom made?

Venturcraft - company now out of business:frown:

What front bumper is that? Your truck brings tears to my eyes. I love the no roof rack clean look.

Front bumper - Modified slee

Very nice job Phil - simple and elegant.

Keeping it light is the only way. On the 10 day expeditions we do every summer into northern British Columbia we have had problems with broken trailers on two of the three trips - all due to too much weight on rough trails.

Just look at what is pulling this beauty LOL....

The design goal in the beginning was under 600 lbs wet. Not official but it looks like I will meet my goal:cool:

Slight erection :eek: of the tongue :p is a nice touch!

trailer4.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom