Off Road Trailer / Base Camp - The light way (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Getting ready for the Death Valley as well
100_5583.JPG
100_5579.JPG
100_5577.JPG
100_5576.JPG

View attachment 1190887 I ordered from foam factory. Custom Foam Mattresses

I got the 3" lux foam HQ with Dacron wrap and cover. For my size, roughly queen mattress, it came to $300 including shipping. When I lay on my side, it feels like a bed in my home.

There is also Exped mega mat with two 30" mattresses side by side it would be the "sleep comfort mattress" for camping. I have slept 5 nights on the Exped and it is the most comfortable I have ever been when camping.
Bought the same one. Its choice...

OK, now you guys got me itching for one. Any issue sleeping a 6'5" guy (and not at an angle)?

Sorry to bump an old thread, but @LandCruiserPhil do you have any photos of your frame? I've come across a local deal on a trailer similar to this one (although not a VenturCraft) and would like to do something similar if I end up buying it.

Sorry to bump an old thread, but @LandCruiserPhil do you have any photos of your frame? I've come across a local deal on a trailer similar to this one (although not a VenturCraft) and would like to do something similar if I end up buying it.

Sorry all the pics I have are in the thread due to failed HD without backup:oops:

Another bump for another stupid question @LandCruiserPhil, I'm at the stage where I have to choose between a narrow track width like you have, and wide like most other camper trailers being built.

Have you taken this trailer in soft sand or deeply rutted 2-tracks? The experts on the web seem to think matching the track width of the tow rig and the trailer is an absolute must, I'm not so sure. Would really like to hear your experience with this. It does make sense that in deep ruts it would be very important but I see those like 2% of the time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom