Off Road / Night Time Reflectivity (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I've been thinking of doing something like this to mine...

reflective tape.jpg

HA!! :hillbilly:

In all seriousness, I do a lot of night wheeling and adding some reflective tape / decals sounds like a good idea.

:cheers:

I put a couple strips on the corners of my Slee rear bumper and one on the edge of the jerry can holder which I seem to bump into myself regularly. Also, although you can't see it in this picture, I added a bit to the ends of the swing outs too since those stick out beyond the sides of the truck (and onto the trail/road) when open. Safety mods complete.

reflective.jpg

I drove from Kentucky to Alliance, NE and ran into rain the whole way. The roads out there aren't as lit as I'm used to and the reflectivity of the lines on the road where gone once it started raining really hard. I started to look into the reflective tape after I noticed that the majority of semis out that night were easily followed regardless of the rain. I especially like the trailers that were lit up like Christmas trees. If it hadn't been for them I would have been on the side of the road waiting for the storms to stop or in the ditch. Then we decided to come back through South Dakota to avoid the bad sections of the storms and hover over in the lighter rain.
I also remember a snow storm back in 95 when I was driving out to Colorado Springs, CO and a few cars slid into the ditch after loosing traction on black ice around Goodland, KS. If they had been knocked out from the wreck no one would have seen them until it was too late. After that I wanted to put one on the rack support and definitely in the back.
Then I dropped my son off a couple of days later and thought it would be a good idea to put them on the inside of the door just in case a car or the bus was coming by and my son opened the door prematurely. They may not be able to stop in time but it may alert them in time to swerve away from the door and my son. Probably overkill but I try to do whatever I can to minimize the risks. Also figured that when I was out camping and had the 100 off and tailgate down anyone driving around would see the tailgate down and not clip it (overkill I know, but its in my nature).

Last edited:
I put a couple strips on the corners of my Slee rear bumper and one on the edge of the jerry can holder which I seem to bump into myself regularly. Also, although you can't see it in this picture, I added a bit to the ends of the swing outs too since those stick out beyond the sides of the truck (and onto the trail/road) when open. Safety mods complete.

reflective.jpg

I've ran into the trailer hitch twice at night, really, really hurts! :censor::censor::censor:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom