1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off-Road Convoy Tips & Suggestion

Discussion in 'MT- 406 Cruisers' started by RoverChris, Sep 24, 2017.

1. RoverChris

RoverChris

I've been watching Ronny Dahl's videos for a couple of years now and he's got a lot of great content and advice for off-roading. I get notified when he has uploaded a new video and the one linked below is quite helpful. I thought that with so many new members joining and participating in trail rides, it's inevitable that the amount of vehicles going out on the trail with the club is only going to grow. A possible suggestion for the start of next year's trail riding adventures is to review these best practices and try to implement some, if not most all of them within the club. Some observations from this year's rides makes me think there's things we can improve and some things we already do pretty well.

Anyhow, I don't want to get too long in the keyboard and it's something that I'm sure can be discussed upon further.

80 Sack and MontanaLax like this.
  2. NyNomad

NyNomad

3. RoverChris

RoverChris

Thanks, he puts out a lot of great information and advice. You could spend weeks watching his Youtube channel. LOL

OT, can someone tell me what vehicle is in this video? Obviously a Toyota, but is this a production model made for Australia or a custom build of a standard platform?

4. NyNomad

NyNomad

I've never heard the term, "Tail End Gunner". must be an Australian thing. From all my wheeling escapades from Cali, with the 406Cruisers, the Blackhills guys, a small group to Cruiser Fest and everywhere in between we've always called it, "Tail Gunner" ... I guess because it sounds cooler :D

5. secretasiansam

secretasiansam

Albums:
    I believe it's some variant of the 70's series landcruiser.

6. ttFJC

ttFJC

Its what every single one of us would drive if they were available in the us.

79 turbo diesel 4 door with a truck bed, 5 speed and locked from the factory. Pretty much a unicon in the us market. Being a rover guy i understand why you wouldnt know this but its like salt on an open wound.

IMG_3470.JPG

7. RoverChris

RoverChris

So, sort of like how in Europe a Land Rover Defender is widely available and inexpensive. But in the States, they are as rare as hen's teeth and IF you can find one, they're incredibly expensive. Every Rover enthusiast here would sell a kidney AND a lung to own one.... I get it. Believe me, I get it. :(

8. Kyitty

Kyitty

Media:
    Albums:
    Used to watch a lot of Ronny Dahl's videos. Some good info if you're a total newb.

Not that I'm anywhere close to expert. LOL His videos helped guide me in making a few decisions on shtuff to buy too.

data-matched-content-rows-num="2,1" data-matched-content-columns-num="1,4" data-matched-content-ui-type="image_stacked" data-ad-format="autorelaxed">