1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Off Camber!

Discussion in 'Chit-Chat' started by PabloCruise, Aug 1, 2005.

1. PabloCruise

PabloCruise SILVER Star

From the jobsite we were at last week...

:eek:

2. Jman

Jman

I immediately thought of some sort of huge, robo-sumo!

3. mabrodis

mabrodis

Cool! :D

While the road was being paved (and all drainage stuff put in, etc) down here in Franktown I saw a few shovels like that (big diggers as my son says) that would drive off the road, on purpose, they would put their bucket out front, as they tipped off the road it would tip down, trying to fall over but with bucket out they would hold themselves up, and continue driving down...slick to watch, just driving it like it was a toy, using it's arm to keep it upright...simple to do, you just don't see that much.

4. PabloCruise

PabloCruise SILVER Star

Unfortunately, this operator used our product and adaptor to brace himself - snapped the weld on our adaptor plate. Put an abrupt end to the demo we were doing!

These things are cool - it would be cool to be able to manuver like that!

5. Capt. Jim

Capt. Jim

What a bummer. I had a sub-contractor put his brand new track-hoe on it's side in an 18' deep pond once on a jobsite. Thing was on it's side and still running with the air intake above the water. I had to tell him to jump in and shut it down or it would soon toast the engine. Thing was soon rescued but had significant damage to one track from sliding down the bank sideways.