Off-brand tires: Milestar, Atlas, Leao, Mud Star, Roadone, Crosswind, Eldorado, Westlake, Ironman, Kanati, Federal, Thunderer, RBP, TBC, Americus, etc (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

reznunt

Massive Metal Shop
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
massivemetalshop.com
Anyone dare to run these generic brand, imported tires out on the trails? Experiences? Tried to talk my buddy out of buying a set but he's adamant.

Anyone dare to run these generic brand, imported tires out on the trails? Experiences? Tried to talk my buddy out of buying a set but he's adamant.

I have heard good things about the Milestar Patagonia M/T from multiple people, both rigs and UTVs. no personal experience though. I have had Kenda Klevar M/t's that were nice and reliable on a T100.

I'm with you. I've been riding motorcycles since the late 1960's, and one thing I have learned is that for anything upon which my life may depend (including tires), that is not where I choose to be overly thrifty.

I've got two HARD years on my 40" Patagonia MT's blacks on my FToy with zero complaints.

Put around 8000 miles on the 315 Patagonia MT's on my FZJ80 in July/August this year (3400+ driving, 3400+ flat towing UT>WI>UT>WI>UT) and screwed up tire pressure on one 1700 mile leg (WI>UT). Raised pressures back to 38psi (from 34) and all was good. Had a bit of cupping at the lower pressure. Other than being pressure sensitive to prevent cupping issues, they have been great.

We DO testing for the Milestar tire program, my FToy was one of the early rigs with their black labels and I've had the FZJ80 down in Cougar Buttes for some destructive tire beating.

They are like every tire made...some love them, some don't. They have worked well for us, and we'll be trying a set of their ATs on our GX460 soon.

I've got two HARD years on my 40" Patagonia MT's blacks on my FToy with zero complaints.

Put around 8000 miles on the 315 Patagonia MT's on my FZJ80 in July/August this year (3400+ driving, 3400+ flat towing UT>WI>UT>WI>UT) and screwed up tire pressure on one 1700 mile leg (WI>UT). Raised pressures back to 38psi (from 34) and all was good. Had a bit of cupping at the lower pressure. Other than being pressure sensitive to prevent cupping issues, they have been great.

We DO testing for the Milestar tire program, my FToy was one of the early rigs with their black labels and I've had the FZJ80 down in Cougar Buttes for some destructive tire beating.

They are like every tire made...some love them, some don't. They have worked well for us, and we'll be trying a set of their ATs on our GX460 soon.

Good info, thanks

I’ve had the Milestar Patagonia M/Ts on for a few thousand road miles, and probably 50 trail miles so far. They definitely have some serious bite off-road, not bad on the street, very quiet.

Not good at all on ice at on-road pressure. But overall I’m impressed so far. Great value.

Anyone with these Milestar's air down to <10 psi and pinch them on rocks? If so, how are the sidewalls holding up? That would be my biggest concern.

Not sure how Nexen fall into this category, but I ran Nexen Rodian MTs (the first version, similar to original BFG MTs) for nearly two years living in Uganda Africa. The were 31x10.50s in standard load and they worked fantastic on the worst roads I've ever seen. I did off-road with them some, and they performed very well. They had plenty of tread on them when we sold the Prado that they were on. Other than being slightly noisier that an all terrain, I would buy them again.
While in Uganda it was very difficult to find a decent tire. Most of the tire shops only stocked chinese manufactures like Ling Long (Crosswind). You could order Donlop tires but they were nearly double the cost of any other tire available. I finally found a shop that was able to order me the Nexen MTs. They were a little pricey, maybe around $180/tire for a 31x10.50. That said, the Crosswind ATs were a popular choice (mostly due to the availability) and they did pretty good considering the conditions they were requiered to work in.
Pics
FF5A3D99-AFC3-46FE-AA1C-810B18DB1F1D.png
A7A9F1E7-F59B-450C-9CEA-C89FA1E9168F.jpeg
AE652E8D-10DA-414C-AA6B-28FF0F0CF87E.jpeg

Last edited:
Anyone with these Milestar's air down to <10 psi and pinch them on rocks? If so, how are the sidewalls holding up? That would be my biggest concern.
I run 6-7 psi in my FToy. Under 3000# rig however. IMO, ridiculously low air pressure kills your steering control and ability to position the rig. Had my FZJ80 out tonight, 18psi and went everywhere.

The buggy guys around here will "heat soak" the tires...ie: low pressure pavement run for 15-20 minutes, stop for breakfast, return the same way....do that a time or 3 and it helps the sidewalls break in and reduce sidewall issues.

Pressure depends on the rig.

Edit: pressure depends on the rig, the load, the driver, the terrain, and a thousand other variables.

Last edited:
I have them on an 80 with the factory aluminum wheels. I usually drop to 20 psi off road, probably need to go lower as they don’t really visibly flatten much from 35-20 psi.

Always worried a little about the OE wheels losing the bead in a bad spot, but idk :meh:

Always worried a little about the OE wheels losing the bead in a bad spot, but idk :meh:

I spun a bead at 16psi, 18 has worked great with Raceline 16x8 wheels. I'll run 20-24 for more "distance travel" type runs...but i'm also generally overpacked for those trips too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom