OEM wiring harness for towing lights (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sorry for the dumb question but can I assume that our LCs were wired for towing lights?

TIA

If you have hitch, your truck is/was probably wired for trailer lights. The light kit from the factory is manually spliced into the harness by the dealer.

I pulled mine out and replaced it with a Hoppy plug & play unit. If you want trailer wiring I highly recommend the Hoppy plug-in play one. It's only ~$40, compared w/ $100+ for the Toyota one.

I do not have a hitch so I guess I do not have the wiring. You have a link for the Hoppy plug and play kit?

If you have hitch, your truck is/was probably wired for trailer lights. The light kit from the factory is manually spliced into the harness by the dealer.

I pulled mine out and replaced it with a Hoppy plug & play unit. If you want trailer wiring I highly recommend the Hoppy plug-in play one. It's only ~$40, compared w/ $100+ for the Toyota one.

Hoppy is the way to go. If my original ever takes a dump that is what I will replace it with.

C-Dan,

Off topic question. Is the crush washer for the LC front & rear diff, transfer case and transmission one in the same as the one used in the FJ Cruiser front & rear diff, transfer case and transmission?

If yes, how much?

Thanks

The FJC and the 80 use the same transfer washers, 90430-18008.

The FJC rear diff drain and fill and the FJC front difff fill are the same as the 80 diff drain and fill on both ends, 12157-10010.

The FJC front diff drain is 90430-24003.

90430-18008, $1.07 ea.
12157-10010, $.83 ea
90430-24003, $1.24

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom