OEM Windshield Question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is 56111-60011 a good number for an OEM windshield for a '70 FJ40? I got this number from some thread and went to my dealer today to order. He checked the number and said it was good and the price was about $60. When he looked up the rubber channel though, he said it showed a different windshield and the price was considerably higher. Will the above number fit my 1970? What is the correct channel? Thanks

hello,

my new windsheild is in @ the local toyota dealer....

I am picking it up in the morning $140 retail

I usually get a break on pricing depending who is working the counter

I will post the toyota part number

Last edited:
I ordered a windshield for a 74 FJ40 which is the same as the 71. The part number was for a 74 but the windshield was for a 76 or newer and it's an inch too wide. The dealer said it was the right number so they order another one just in case it was missed marked and it was the newer style too. They told me that was the only number they had for it so they thought it wasn't avalable any more.

Check the width against your old one before you try to install.

The newer style glass will not fit the older frames with out cutting (wipers on bottom verses wipers on top)

1970 vintage OEM windshield glass is no longer available from Toyota. The later model glass is still available, but it must be cut ot fit. You're better off just letting a local auto glass shop cut you a new windshield.

I was in getting a new windsheild for the Civic, Brought in my old frame with glass from a 73 and he took some measurements. 140 installed with new glass and new OEM weatherstrip which I already had. Sorry no part numbers but getting new glass cut is pretty reasonable. Its there (no waiting for parts) and if it dont work the guy puts another one it for free. This was two weeks ago.

Had the windshield on my '73 replaced right after I bought it. Lots of dust scratches on the original. Went to a glass shop and had one cut and installed for about $100. And, they took care of the weather stripping with some universal stuff they had. They said it was easy 'cause it's just a flat piece of glass.

If having a TLC original is not critical, this might be an alternative to consider.

Hope it's right. My local dealers had both numbers listed but the 2 I got had the old numbers but were the new style glass.

Kevin

It has been a while since I delt with this but as I recall the 56111-90800 is too tall for the old frame unless it is cut down.

Mel have you measured your new glass yet?

Does anyone know what the 56111-60011 number is for? it is a windshield and it was listed as fitting an fj40 ( don't know what years). It is available for about $60.

Last edited:
Both part numbers will get you the same sized piece of glass......

it is designed for 75+ cruisers and didn't fit my 71 (see #15)

My custom cut glass is tinted, but doesn't have a darker strip across the top

The entire piece has a uniform tint unlike the oem piece that is tinted at the top only

I really like the custom cut piece that is 100% tinted instead of 10%

bonus it cost alot less too (unless you purchased a oem piece that you cant use 1st)

https://forum.ih8mud.com/showthread.php?p=1086914#post1086914

Last edited:
Hi All:

I believe one can still purchase OEM windshield glass for 1974 and earlier 40/45 Series from Spector Off-Road, but they won't ship glass (sold will call only.)

When I needed a replacement windshield a few years ago a buddy in Cali stopped by S-O-R for me and shipped the glass to me.

Regards,

Alan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom