OEM vs Rock Auto (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I'm looking to do some maintenance to my 2015 4Runner - Trans flush with trans filter; Serpentine Belt; and all fluids flushed. I noticed that OEM belts are 65 bucks but Rock Auto has them for 18.00. Same with the transmission filter, OEM is 65.00 and Rock Auto is 26.00 and it includes the pan gasket... Just wondering if it's better to pay Toyota for these parts or are after market brands okay? Same for oil and fluids... Toyota ATF only or will a quality synthetic ATF be okay?

Thanks.

mk

I only use Toyota parts.......that serpentine fails in a wicked place at 1 am....the money you saved will evaporate when the tow truck shows up.

No reason not to buy these items from Toyota especially when you can call a supporting vendor and get 25% off msrp.

No reason not to buy these items from Toyota especially when you can call a supporting vendor and get 25% off msrp.
I didn't know that was an option - is there a list of Toyota supporting vendors out there? Thanks - mk

using rockauto for some things is fine. belts, some gaskets, more non critical things you can get away with aftermarket. stick with oem things for more crutial things like axle gaskets, internal engine and electrical things

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom