OEM vs City racer wheel (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pura Vida

What an absolute noob
Threads
I have never understood the difference between the city racer wheels, and the OEM wheels besides the diameter. Why are city racers so expensive? Are they made from gold or something? OEM wheels are like 150 a piece while city racer is almost 100 dollars more per wheel. What is the appeal of getting city racer wheels? They seem very popular

You can get other 16" wheels if you're concerned about the price. Vintiques Smoothies are a popular option. But they do not use the stock hubcaps. You have to modify them to work. But they look very similar.

But if you want a 16" wheel that also accepts unmodified stock hub caps you have to pay a premium for that feature.

You can get other 16" wheels if you're concerned about the price. Vintiques Smoothies are a popular option. But they do not use the stock hubcaps. You have to modify them to work. But they look very similar.

But if you want a 16" wheel that also accepts unmodified stock hub caps you have to pay a premium for that feature.
Import split wheel lmaoooo

just kidding, nobody wants those bombs

City racer wheels are well worth buying no matter what. The 16 inch really makes a difference. Please take read on this site.

Look at fjco rim price and city racer rim price wont look so bad.
I think I’ll just stick with the rims I got. Anyone know what they are? I see them on hilux/Toyota pickup and other old trucks I think..... I only have 4, and my rear one is a 70 series wheel I think, or maybe an old hilux one too, idk. Identifying them would be helpful

6A0739F2-6535-4B58-8891-36B194440D7A.jpeg

I think the City Racers wheels are made in Japan, which I consider a very good thing!

I think I’ll just stick with the rims I got. Anyone know what they are? I see them on hilux/Toyota pickup and other old trucks I think..... I only have 4, and my rear one is a 70 series wheel I think, or maybe an old hilux one too, idk. Identifying them would be helpful

View attachment 2670134
The ones on the truck are Aluminum Modulars the best ones I think were center lines, but several different companies made a similar style, some better than others. The awesome spare looks like a Western Hurricane or facsimile there of!

You should be able to pick up a set of used 15” factory FJ40 steelies or the later Mini truck/FJ60/62 and paint white with 31 10.50’s would be a good looking combination!

The ones on the truck are Aluminum Modulars the best ones I think were center lines, but several different companies made a similar style, some better than others. The awesome spare looks like a Western Hurricane or facsimile there of!

You should be able to pick up a set of used 15” factory FJ40 steelies or the later Mini truck/FJ60/62 and paint white with 31 10.50’s would be a good looking combination!
Ye I think this is a pretty similar look to what you’re saying. I like it. I’m gonna lift it 4 inches and put 33s on eventually. They give it a cool retro kind of vibe, almost safari vibe, and they would also be an epic wheeling set. These with muddies and a lift would be pretty cool I think. Probably will get them to replace my no name brand wheels

1D65A98D-EDA2-4DAD-B3DD-6E6DCE1DCE4A.jpeg

Edit: ignore the bezel or else you will flip

Would you try to find OEM ones, or would you buy aftermarket ones? I feel like a steel wheel is pretty straightforward for an aftermarket company

I think either the early or later 40 wheels in white look great with the Red!
85215513-BE95-473A-9E9D-D6CAB46578F7.jpeg

D389D790-22E5-451D-9FE0-582E8DAB2E75.png

Should be able and I recommend to find used OEM wheels here in the classifieds or FB Marketplace etc. more likely the later style Like the first picture.

In fact there was a set locally for $200 and a very kind Mud Member in Charlotte gave away a set of chrome ones last week!

Should be able and I recommend to find used OEM wheels here in the classifieds or FB Marketplace etc. more likely the later style Like the first picture.

In fact there was a set locally for $200 and a very kind Mud Member in Charlotte gave away a set of chrome ones last week!
I’ll look in classifieds when I plan to upgrade. I tried buying a set of mickey Thomson’s at a cheap price, but parents didn’t like the idea of wheels sitting in the garage for a few weeks or months.....can’t really blame them

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom