OEM Voltage Gauge - where does your sit? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Sooo the OEM volt meter in the instrument cluster appears to go from 0 to 18V. There is a low mark and a high mark with nothing in between. Assuming it is a linear scale I'm guessing the low mark is around 6V and the high mark around 15V. My newly installed alternater runs at or just below the high mark - which seems a bit high if this is 15V.

Does anyone elses V-meter run at the high mark and should I worry? Thanks.

Sooo the OEM volt meter in the instrument cluster appears to go from 0 to 18V. There is a low mark and a high mark with nothing in between. Assuming it is a linear scale I'm guessing the low mark is around 6V and the high mark around 15V. My newly installed alternater runs at or just below the high mark - which seems a bit high if this is 15V.

Does anyone elses V-meter run at the high mark and should I worry? Thanks.

Your alternator will run at different voltages depending upon battery condition. So....at first start up, you are likely to see 14.1-14.5 volts. Then as the battery charges....it will most likely settle at about 13.7 vdc.

So....just take a multimeter, check the charging voltage at your battery with engine running. If it is within these parameters you are fine. Then note the needle position on your dash gauge and call that your 'normal'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom