1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OEM Valve Cover Gasket Kit

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by meatloaf, Nov 14, 2017 at 2:02 PM.

1. meatloaf

meatloaf

Is there an oem valve cover gasket "kit" or should I just go with one of the kits at Rock Auto? They have a MAHLE ORIGINAL/VICTOR REINZ kit for ~$33. Valve covers are leaking unto manifolds and need to be replaced. My truck is an '04

Thanks,
    ML

2. aljollano

aljollano SILVER Star

Luis, if I were you I would get it from the dealer.

Just my 0.2
    A.J

meatloaf likes this.
  3. meatloaf

meatloaf

Thanks AJ,

that is what I was thinking, I noticed the aftermarket kits have grommets and spark plug tubes... do these also need to be replaced or just the cover gaskets?

4. d4nvu

d4nvu

Yes, replace the spark plug seals while you're in there. Make sure to use FPIG only on the front corners of each head or you're going to get leaks. Simple job, just tedius. I also went ahead and changed the PCV valve and grommet.

I got the whole FelPro kit from amazon. The biggest difference between OEM and this kit is really the price. You can't go wrong with either.

http://a.co/ezQ0cwQ

meatloaf likes this.
  5. nissanh

nissanh

I'd say stay with OEM. My 4runner got Felpro gaskets and not less than 3000 miles that is leaking. Bolts are torqued to spec and still leaking like a drop every 2 miles. I ended up getting OEM and awaiting to replace those. As much as possible stay with OEM. Camelbacktoyota or McGeorge toyota probably got good prices.

meatloaf likes this.