OEM tweeters question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.4wdtoyotaowner.com
Did a search and not clear on one thing. When installing aftermarket front speakers, do the OEM tweeters need to be removed or at least disconnected? If so, from where: at the door speaker, at the head unit, or?

Did a search and not clear on one thing. When installing aftermarket front speakers, do the OEM tweeters need to be removed or at least disconnected? If so, from where: at the door speaker, at the head unit, or?

I would disconnect them. They don't sound very good at all. Just unplug them from right at the speaker.

I'm running component MTX, a 4" woofer is in the dash spot, and a component tweet is in the door speaker hole.

Thanks FJBen. I was worried that there was a crossover circuit that wouldn't send high frequency signal to the new door speakers if I didn't unplug the OEM tweeters at the right place.

I believe there are crossovers at each level of the stock car stereo setup.
I have replaced the front door speakers with Infinity and notice that the highest of the highs dont come out of the door speakers, only the stock tweets still in the dash.
It sounds great to me with this setup, but if you remove the tweeters from the dash you may lose some of the highs from your music.

Also, I replaced the rear door speakers as well, they have a low crossover as well blocking the lows so they do not sound as full as the front door speakers. They however do produce the highs nicely.

I replaced the speakers in the dash after I replaced all the other speakers. It made a huge improvement in sound quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom