OEM Stereos

Discussion in '100-Series Cruisers' started by uzj100, Aug 9, 2005.

1. uzj100

uzj100

Guys,

Can you check your stereos in the 99 to 2002 model and tell me the stereo model number on the outside. I have a 56808. It is refusing to play cd's. I would like to replace it with a Toyota 6 disc in dash system or a kenwood ddx7017. I am looking on ebay but have know idea what will work or not.

Thank you,

uzj100

2. aljordan

aljordan

If you go with the aftermarket player, I've got a wiring harness for the dash plug. In fact, I've got a few of them. 2 for the 15 pin plugs (99 and 98) and one of the 20 pin plugs for the later trucks.

If you want to keep the 6 disc changer, I'm working on a way to use one from a highlander, celica, ect that are all over ebay. The ones we have are harder to come by. I've got most of it done, just need another piece and I'll be ready to test it.

3. cruiser4life

cruiser4life

I had a similar problem. OEM model stopped playing discs and I got an ERR message.

My model # is different though: A56811.

Took it to the dealer and they replaced it for me at no cost with a refurbed unit that happened to be on a parts counter.

4. spressomon

spressomon glutton Moderator

Media:
    Albums:
    Same story on my '99...cd generally quit working. Wierd thing was it would play most cd's once...but only once...then never again.

5. ELLTEE

ELLTEE

Huh. Technology Attention Deficit Disorder?

:bounce: :bounce2:

LT
    :cool:

6. calamaridog

calamaridog

All OEM decks fail. Don't buy another used Toyota deck (like I did) and expect it to work.

I would find yourself a nice new deck. If you do a search, you will find a referance to a harness which allows you to use the factory amp with an aftermarket deck (all plug in). There are tons of nice decks on the market for less than $200.

Just my .02

7. EOS

EOS

I hate the OEM - Fujitsu 6 disc changer deck in my 99 LX, its crap. It skips CD's far too often and the functions are slow. Im hoping mine will die soon so I can replace it with one of those double din 6.5 inch DVD/CD units.

8. Big Bert

Big Bert

Another failed OEM changer here too on my 2000...

Any suggestions on aftermarket units which fit nicely into the 2 din factory opening?

9. uzj100

uzj100

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.