OEM Stereos (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Guys,

Can you check your stereos in the 99 to 2002 model and tell me the stereo model number on the outside. I have a 56808. It is refusing to play cd's. I would like to replace it with a Toyota 6 disc in dash system or a kenwood ddx7017. I am looking on ebay but have know idea what will work or not.

Thank you,

uzj100

If you go with the aftermarket player, I've got a wiring harness for the dash plug. In fact, I've got a few of them. 2 for the 15 pin plugs (99 and 98) and one of the 20 pin plugs for the later trucks.

If you want to keep the 6 disc changer, I'm working on a way to use one from a highlander, celica, ect that are all over ebay. The ones we have are harder to come by. I've got most of it done, just need another piece and I'll be ready to test it.

uzj100 said:
Guys,

Can you check your stereos in the 99 to 2002 model and tell me the stereo model number on the outside. I have a 56808. It is refusing to play cd's. I would like to replace it with a Toyota 6 disc in dash system or a kenwood ddx7017. I am looking on ebay but have know idea what will work or not.

Thank you,

uzj100

I had a similar problem. OEM model stopped playing discs and I got an ERR message.

My model # is different though: A56811.

Took it to the dealer and they replaced it for me at no cost with a refurbed unit that happened to be on a parts counter.

Same story on my '99...cd generally quit working. Wierd thing was it would play most cd's once...but only once...then never again.

spressomon said:
Same story on my '99...cd generally quit working. Wierd thing was it would play most cd's once...but only once...then never again.

Huh. Technology Attention Deficit Disorder?

:bounce: :bounce2:

LT
:cool:

All OEM decks fail. Don't buy another used Toyota deck (like I did) and expect it to work.

I would find yourself a nice new deck. If you do a search, you will find a referance to a harness which allows you to use the factory amp with an aftermarket deck (all plug in). There are tons of nice decks on the market for less than $200.

Just my .02

I hate the OEM - Fujitsu 6 disc changer deck in my 99 LX, its crap. It skips CD's far too often and the functions are slow. Im hoping mine will die soon so I can replace it with one of those double din 6.5 inch DVD/CD units.

Another failed OEM changer here too on my 2000...

Any suggestions on aftermarket units which fit nicely into the 2 din factory opening?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom