OEM Spark Plug Wires (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ehouli

Threads
I've been searching around more info about the OEM Cables for my FZJ80. I had a 1993 and I remember the boots being all black instead of red on the extremes of the boots, which made me doubt when I got my newer FZJ80 and the first thing I did was replace the wires as they had the red boots instead of being all black... then a few months later I found that those were OEM.

After 3 years and the NGK wires are beginning to wear off and the truck doesn't run that smooth.

Now... what are the differencies between

- Part number 90919-21546

9091921546.jpg

and

- Part Number 90919-21557

9091921557.jpg

I don’t know the answer to your question, but I’m in for info. It seems to me 90919-21546 is the wrong part number. I cross checked it amongst various websites and it doesn’t show it being compatible with my 94 or 97 LC. Maybe my search methods suck.

In the last couple of years, I’ve bought three sets of wires and they’ve all had the red tips because I bought the correct set for my engine from PartSouq.

90919-21546 is for carbureted 1FZ-F engines.

90919-21557 is for fuel injected 1FZ-FE engines prior to 1998.
Thanks for clearing this up. As Venezuela had both, carburated and fuel injection models on the first 4 years of production, perhaps the engines sent along the CKDs to Cumaná for assembly had the carburated version wires for both?

Thanks for clearing this up. As Venezuela had both, carburated and fuel injection models on the first 4 years of production, perhaps the engines sent along the CKDs to Cumaná for assembly had the carburated version wires for both?

The part numbers above are correct for the engines I specified. There is no deviation from them regardless if they were CKD or Japan manufacture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom