OEM soft top (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.employees.org
Hi,

I found a set of OEM bows and now looking for the canvas top, who makes OEM style soft top and for how much? Btw, can you share pictures of your truck with the OEM soft top installed?

Thanks in advance.

/td

Kayline used to make a repro of the canvas. It was OK. I think they are still available somewhere.

ehsankiani on this board is in Pakistan, and ships complete factory style tops including bows from Pakistan periodically through group orders. Search, I believe there is a group order going in now. His top is nice, however the last top I saw (from the first batch he sent over) had problems with the hardware rusting.

SOR has them too.

Or you can get them made at your local upholistry shop.

Hey Tien,

I believe that Specialty Top Co., which bought out Kayline, continues to produce the Kayline OEM replacement top.

http://www.kaylinetops.com/

HTH,
Todd Bull.

Toyota tops were made of canvas impregnated somehow. Some of the aftermarket tops are made of vinyl with a feel of plastic - a smooth and even shiny texture that is not like the original tops.

The material used in the tops sold by SOR is possibly the most realistic in that it has a canvas - like texture and is very well made by Specialty Top, I believe. There are differences in the side window configuration that may or may not be For some reasom Marvin offers only grey or black in the OEM style.

mustardfj40 said:
Hi,

Btw, can you share pictures of your truck with the OEM soft top installed?

Thanks in advance.

/td

Here is a picture of a Kayline top (now STC) on OEM bows with OEM doors. I replace it with the hard top in winter.

cruiser2.jpg

I have a NIB Kayline OE type soft top I bought for my 40 but never installed. A buddy made me an OD canvas one, so I would consider selling the Kayline. PM me with an offer if you're interested.;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom