OEM Soft Top Door Window Weatherstrip (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
After several months and considerable expense, I now own the cutting jigs, splicing molds, and tooling for the single-piece rubber weatherstrip for the fixed "vent" window on the OEM factory soft top doors. In order to reduce unit costs, I had a batch of 12 pairs made, and rather than do the ebay thing, I am offering the extras to whomever wants a pair. I am not a vendor or retailer, just an individual who is trying to finish the resurrection of a 72fj40 oem soft top. The weatherstrips are made by VIP Rubber Co in La Habra, Ca. They are 52.00" DVL (Spliced) of 70/Durometer/U.V. Resistant EPDM rubber, and are as good as, or better than, brand new OEM Toyota vent window seals for the hard doors (both sides of which are still available through Toyota.) 8)

If anyone is interested, they are $100 for a PAIR, plus $10 shipping, and I could send a picture via email.

Greg Childress
Las Vegas, NV

pokedad1000@aol.com

Greg,

Please e-mail me a picture. I'm interested in at least 1 pair, maybe more.

Thanks
Landcruiserdude

Hey, Greg, I tried to call you but got no answer. I'll take a pair. Do I get a special price for buying 2 pairs? :)

Do you take
paypal_logo.gif
?

Dave

Greg, nice work :) wish I had a pair of soft door ;)

But as for the hard door vent window WS, I was under the impression that only the right side as availible for Toyota, the left side is being made after market and TLC and SOR have it. I do happen to have 2 of the left hand side OEM WS..........but they came from AUS last year and were the last of em around.

Why would they only still make the right side and not the left? That makes no sense to me. Is there something special about the left side wing window ???

ya got me? maybe the mold was damaged? but this was the case last year, only the right side for the hard doors, right side is cheap, $12

check SOR
http://www.sor.com/sor/products2.tam?xax=14175&category.ctx=124-63&page#.ctx=124

http://www.sor.com/sor/bigpict.tam?...scriptionpg.ctx=Page 124 Front Door 1963-1974

also CCOT
http://store.yahoo.com/coolfj40/winglasbelwe.html

and like I said this was the case when I checked at the dealer, if the left was still made then why wood SOR sell aftermarket for more than OEM?

[quote author=red64toy link=board=1;threadid=13303;start=msg122947#msg122947 date=1079575012]
Why would they only still make the right side and not the left? That makes no sense to me. Is there something special about the left side wing window ???
[/quote]

[quote author=red64toy link=board=1;threadid=13303;start=msg122947#msg122947 date=1079575012]
[/quote]

The only thing special about it is that for some reason that nobody seems to know, the left side weatherstrip (68182-60010) is not available through the Toyota North American parts distribution system. They can be ordered offshore, and it seems that like some other parts, Toyota builds them on a demand basis. The oem driver's side weatherstrips that TLC4x4 has been selling for awhile is from a batch that I procured, imported, and sold to Jonathan Ward. Of the last group I got out of Japan about a year ago, the only question that was asked was, "how many do you want?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom