OEM Soft Top Ambulance Doors (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

tlaporte

SILVER Star
Threads
I was up at Specter a few weeks ago to pick up some things, and I bought one complete OEM soft top ambulance door and one upper frame, for which I hope to acquire a suitable half door in order to make complete.

While I was there, I took a bunch of pictures of the ambulance doors on one of the soft top trucks that they had on display. I thought some others might be interested in seeing the photos, so I figured I'd post a link here.

The complete set is available on Flickr: Landcruiser Softtop - a set on Flickr

Obviously the yellow ones are from the SOR truck, and the tan/beige is the door I bought.
5184514570_d5a78cd729_m.jpg
5184515790_6558df69d1_m.jpg
5183908439_df5aee771e_m.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful!

I notice that your lower door hinges are black. The ones on the Specter truck were body color. Do you know which is "factory" correct?

Beautiful!

I notice that your lower door hinges are black. The ones on the Specter truck were body color. Do you know which is "factory" correct?

oh you had to call me out didn't you!

these doors will not fit on trucks with ambulance doors without significant modification so whats that.. 75-84?

trucks with barn doors should work with these with only slight modification - i got mine from pakistan (ehsan made) for about $500

realize these types of doors were never an option that i know of in the US so you will be hard up on finding parts if you need to piece some doors together.. i would buy them complete or plan on fabbing up some pieces if they aren't

I was up at Specter a few weeks ago to pick up some things, and I bought one complete OEM soft top ambulance door and one upper frame, for which I hope to acquire a suitable half door in order to make complete.

While I was there, I took a bunch of pictures of the ambulance doors on one of the soft top trucks that they had on display. I thought some others might be interested in seeing the photos, so I figured I'd post a link here.

The complete set is available on Flickr: Landcruiser Softtop - a set on Flickr

Obviously the yellow ones are from the SOR truck, and the tan/beige is the door I bought.

So, how much did the one run you?

Johnny the factory correct color is silver grey like the bumber.
I know that, have the doors since new ;)
Cheers
Peter

i dont know why your truck would be wrong :) ...however...there has been a few odd things from germany... In all the literature I have ever seen they have ALL have been body color...even in pictures...mostly all were body color....unless the truck went thru repainting...then sometimes black in pictures....never EVER pewter like the bumpers

maybe your truck was damaged in shipping and the hinges were replaced before you bought it?

Very strange Peter

since he would like to know the correct color for HIS :) truck ...i would go with body color :D

So, how much did the one run you?

I paid $220 for the pair. $120 for the complete one and $100 for the partial. They were in their clearance section and had been for a while so they were under the "make us an offer" heading. It's funny that they went to $120 for the complete door, but wouldn't go below $100 for the partial. $220 seemed very fair for both of them, but I would have thought the breakdown would have valued the complete door a bit more than the partial.

In any case, I think I've got a good starting point. I don't have a barn door to compare it to, but what I remember from the '72 FJ40 that I had the barn doors are a bit more substantial than the bottom half of the soft top ambulance door. Otherwise I would just be able to grab a spare barn door off of somebody and drill the appropriate holes for mounting the upper amby door frame.

i dont know why your truck would be wrong :) .
Is not wrong Sir ;),
ok not a pic of my doors but a pic you can see that they are OEM silver grey :D...

Spares%20for%20the%20desert.jpg

... hinges on the outside are silver as well

Left%20rear.jpg

Cheers
Peter
...and back to Johnnys wrong literature :lol:

Also, does anybody know why when I included the link to the Flickr set above it puts in a giant blank box underneath the title? I tried several times to force the URL to just be inline, but it always grabbed the link title (even when "grab link title" box was unchecked).

Just curious if there is a way for me to fix that link.

Ahhhhh, ok, I had the same confusion as Johnny.

Sorry I wasn't specific, when I originally asked I was talking about the hinges on the lower door, rather than the upper hinges.

Peter is right in that the pics I posted up from Specter have the upper *and* lower door hinges body color, whereas that does not appear to be the case on the pics he's posted.

Although I have seen literature with the body color used on the upper door hinges as well as silver.

I cant really look all that well now...but...monday i'll try to find the pic or two that have the body color in lit...

I would say if it is the case then your choice for the upper hinge

or.... :) .....maybe the truck was damaged and the upper hinges were replaced LOL ... i'll look :)

Last edited:
the upper hinges are a part of the bows - should be the same color as them - at least that would make some sense to me

That's true, and I believe that bows are body color, no?

I can't tell, because neither of my trucks or bow sets were original paint when I got them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom