OEM soft door part info? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I finally aquired some soft doors in fine shape. I've ordered the outer weatherstripping from toyota. I was going to have some glass cut for the triangular window to replace the brown plastic ones... I think the weather strip for the triangular windows is discontinued for that.. Does it crossover as the same # for hard doors ~69-74? I don't know exact vintage of the doors. I was going to replace the plastic slide windows with new plastic but I was thinking of glass.. anyone have thoughts or what they did for resto/repair of oem soft doors.. the slide track felt etc. For now i'm using hard door hinges.. If someone has a set of OEM soft door hinges I'd be interested.

Pimp ya out there? I ordered 68161 60020 and gave my dealer a few other #'s (which I can't find posti with them on it)

AFAIK, the rubber is unavailable. It is not the same as the ones for the hard doors with pop out vent windows. You may be able to fabricate one using generic rubber from JC Whitney. SOR has the track felt and the wipers. I have an extra set of the door side parts of the hinges and you can make the body side by cutting the top of the hinge. PM me if you want them.

BTW, I am looking for the bottom weather strip retaining C channel if anyone has one.

I have a set of the hinges. Door + body parts. Paid $10 bucks for them
by mistake (thinking they were for hard doors). You can have them for
$10 plus shipping. I'll send a PIC if you need it.

if wesintl doesn't take those hinges, i will...i need three more as all but one had been replaced with hard door hinges on my soft doors.

Just to make certain that this is what you are looking for:
Are these the correct hinges for the soft top doors? I have
4 sets of these.

Rick d was trying to get a few guys in on having a few OEM soft doors wing window w/s made. Not cheap, but will be worth every penny IMO. Maybe he'll chime in soon.

Dave

i just need the door side. my cruiser already has the tub side.

I'll take the set please. I sent a PM yesterday, I'll try again. If anyone has info about the weather strip and if Rick has a set... Thanks all!!

Hey Ige.. Looking at the hinges I doubt it would be that hard to fab a set from hard door hinges with some old pins.. Cut the head off and insert half way and weld it to the hinge. You could probably use some round bar instead of hinge pins.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom